Web Browser

forces

Because i have recently maked usb connection working(with SSH) i am starting to search for a web browser for WiZ - there is Opera for Qtopia, but Ikari haven´t included it yet... i have everything ready - I have even set the DNS server, so i can ping to google.com (not only to the IP of my computer:). The only thing i need is a browser, but i don´t know, how to add Opera in Qtopia. I am trying to figure it out now. I will try to take Opera from F100/F200 version and add it to myna version, but i don´t know how... Wish me luck (or HELP ME(just not kidding:) and post a piece of informaton)

Ok. I have looked in my wiz and noticed, that there's no X11, so I will need a browser without X11 as dependency... Or again, i will have to try the Opera browser for Qtopia. Do you know anything about Minimo (browser from Mozilla company)? Does it need X11 (my brother was using Minimo on Neo Freerunner - nice Linux running machine, but it does have X11.)? If it does, where could I find source?

Hi forces/before,

From what I have read in the forum, it is very unlikely to get a browser for the Wiz, so far.
It has to do with the small screen, not having an X-server and maybe more with almost nobody being able to access the internet.
I managed to send a ping, too, via telnet and bridge-utils.
Would you care to share how you got into the Wiz using even SSH?
Especially the Firmware you are using would be of interest:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50468-howto-wiz-usb-ethernet-with-stock-usb-cable/

You may even raise some interest for your quest, too.

rds

kasi

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be no interest or use what so ever, but I remember there was a pretty basic web browser written for linux that I once got running on my original xbox, I'm pretty sure its name was linksbox or linxbox or something. I suppose I could have googled for it but then you wouldn't have the fun of searching for it yourself. Hope you do get yourself a nice running web browser, and don't forget to share it with us.

I think the best option is to use the Opera from Qtopia. Maybe you can convince ikari to add it in a new version.

You can also try to add it by yourself with this http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,15,2073

If you are in a hurry maybe you can also compile a text-based browser like elinks or lynx.

Or Links, worked for the F100/F200.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,1251

I am using this for joining to the USBnetwork - i have just modified the IP addres cuz i am in a intranet network to 192.168.0.1 . For running SSH the I use old OpenSSH from F100/F200 . It works, but the biggest problem on Wiz is the GP2XMenu, with is turned off from the beginning and if you want to have SSH and Menu running at the same time [mean if you want to have command line & SSH] you have to launch & then quit a game. Not good at coding though... I have used FW 1.1.0 ,but my NAND got corrupted so i flashed to version 1.2.1 and lost my USBnetworking setting. I am setting it up again just now.

Ok. The USBNetwork is not working with FW 1.2.1, i think it has to be recompiled for new Kernel... Console output:
root@wiz:/mnt/sd/game/qtopia/Home# ./../../../USBNetwork/NetworkUp-not-GP2xMenu
Using /lib/modules/2.6.24/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/lf1000_udc.ko
SIOCSIFADDR: No such file or directory
SIOCSIFNETMASK: No such device
root@wiz:/mnt/sd/game/qtopia/Home#
Guess that if someone wants to use SSH functions te will have to use WLAN Solution...

Back