Pandora Webkit Issue With My Pnd Builds

CPUnltd

Have tried to build 2 different webkit-based PNDs (for learning purposes mostly). In both cases, I brought in various libs to fulfill the complaints about missing libs in the pndrun_000.out file. Both had the exact same list... both ended with the exact same error which I have no clue how to resolve:

Code:
symbol lookup error /mnt/utmp/xyz/lib/libstdc++.so.6: undefined symbol: _ZNSt11__timepunctIcE2idE, version GLIBCXX_3.4

so far, no answers have come to me. I'm still googling and researching, but figured I'd ask around here because there is at least ONE browser (maybe something else as well) that deals with webkit. So if anyone has any input, I'd greatly appreciated. Thank you for your patience.

Are you mixing C and C++ code/libraries? If so, you'll need to give the linker hints that the name-mangling needs to be aligned - in your C code, use 'extern "C"', and so on..

You use the libs of another distribution than angstrom, don't you?
It could be that they are mixed with the ones on our image, that could cause incompatibility, if they are newer or older and maybe won't work togehter with the angstrom stuff.
Would be better, if you build your pnds with a proper toolchain or with the dev pnd.

wait... there's a dev pnd??? I am running with libs installed on another distro, but the distro is running on Pandora (Arch)... I fulfilled lib deps until I got to this point which leads me to believe, at least, that I probably have to build libstdc++ on the Pandora OS itself. Every other lib "SEEMED" to be recognized just fine. The way that it went, I put everything together and threw in webkit because the .out file complained that it was missing... after that, I dropped in each lib until it stopped complaining that it was missing libs and gave the above complaint. I did this after making sure I couldn't just install those libs on the Pandora OS (at least from what I recall) and copied them over from my Arch install SD card. Was considering going through the feed browser for Angrtrom online just to verify that I couldn't install the libs so they could be copied over statically, but hadn't gotten around to that just yet. Will see how that results today.

Thanks for the input guys... You are appreciated...

EDIT: after a quick review of the necessary libs aside from libwebkitgtk, most of the libs in angstrom repos are too old. I'm wondering if that is simply because of the version of libwebkitgtk I got from Arch on Arm, or if a compile is required of the source on Pandora OS so it looks for the versions of the libs that Angstrom actually has... still testing out some things...

You can find a WebkitGTK compiled for the pandora distro in Midori 0.3.6. This one is a little bit old though, and is compiled using libraries I've found unneccicary. Here's a link to a Midori build which should have the latest WebkitGTK. But since it is completely untested, I have no idea if it works. http://stuffs.slaeshjag.org/pnd/midori-0.3.7-pre.pnd All required libs is included afaik.

Back