Website doesn't display correctly

kuru

Laptop und Trachtenjanker
Hey guys!

Would you mind browsing to
http://www.lazyfoo.net/SDL_tutorials/lesson12/index.php
using any of Pandora's browsers and telling me whether the code in the blue boxes displays properly?

I tried Fifo, Jumanji and Midori and those boxes lack the line breaks.

I remember that while tethered to my phone the page used to render as intended, same now using a PC at work.

The only thing I know I changed recently is going online via the USB 3g dongle. I can't believe that the connection can do this. Do those browsers maybe all use some common "ingredient" that behaves wrong?

Regards

kuru

With Firefox 22, I see that the text escapes the blue boxes.. but that's because of the design of the page not the browser.. I can see the same behavior on my desktop if I change the window to a Pandora sized screen.

The blue div boxes are set to use an 80% width and the amount of text is more than the width of the div tag. There is prob a way for the page to word wrap so on small screens like the Pandora it can look proper.

Code:
div.tutCodeHeader
{
	width: 80%;
	margin: 0px auto 0px auto;
	background-color: #2222FF;
	border: thin solid #FFFFFF;
	color: #FFFFFF;
	text-align: left;
}

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the enlightenment! I guess noobfoo lazyfoo has changed the layout at some point then. Lo and behold the dark crevasses that are CSS  :)

Wait a minute - at home I just used the vodafone 3g dongle with my desktop, now I am looking at endless lines again in Opera on a fullhd display. 

Tethered the Pandora to an o2 phone - the page displays as intended.

What the heck is going on, why does the connection have an influence on how the page displays?

@Trashy: I think you misinterpreted what I described earlier, each of the code boxes shows just one long line of text, no linebreaks. I didn't think too much about your explanation earlier, but that's not what I meant.

Regards

Edit: Looking at the source of the page and the css there is also no formatting at all, no linebreaks, paragraphs. Weird, weird stuff.

Meh.. looks live vodafone and t-mobile do stuff to the websites on purpose, like reducing image quality... obviously removing linebreaks is another thing they like doing. Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb.

Do you have blue or red socks? If it's blue...put on red socks and try again.

Nah, just joking.

I used FF on Debian and zoomed the font until I could read it from outside the house. The error occurs there too.

Also tried the useragent switcher plugin using ff on Pandora, but got no better results (some pages serve differently when you use a different useragent)

odd stuff, yeah I just assumed it was the first problem I saw... 

From what I've gathered Line breaks in modern web development is avoided like Hepatitis.. 

Back