Weird complete freezes

Okay, so problem persists on AC with no battery present. Audio from pcsx rearmed cuts out as soon as the freeze occurs. Problem also occurs when running HF6a4 off an SD card. I'm still not convinced it is PTOD because moving the hinge to every visible angle does not affect the screen.

EDIT: Hmm well Prometheus you didn't have the tint either, but still the audio cuts out during the crash. So I don't think it's the cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may perhaps have had a momentary lapse of common sense when I made my suggestion before. :lol: I may be mistaken, but aren't the cables to the speakers in the same place?

This being so, what happens if you move the lid when this occurs? I actually noticed it on my previous one whilst shutting the lid one time (it then got worse, of course).

Moving the lid doesn't seem to do anything. The white/black lines stay just as they are until I pull the battery and the lcd goes blank.

I may be out of my league here - I don't know what else to suggest in an attempt to narrow things down. Best of luck in finding a solution.

Try this. Create a directory called tmp on your SD card. Then open a terminal and type

Code:
sudo ln -s /media/YourSdCardName/tmp /tmp

This will overwrite the root /tmp with a symlink to the /tmp on your SD card (replacing YourSdCardName with the appropriate value, of course).

Do the same thing with /var/log too.

It's a long shot, but this will write files which are normally held only temporary in memory to your SD card. You can then pull out the card when it crashes and see if maybe there's a clue as to what it was doing right before it died. Not very likely we'd find out anything this way, but it doesn't hurt to try, and it might lead to some new ideas about what to do.

The only other thing I can think of is that the OPP level might be stuck at 1. Try setting it to 5 then back to 3. Again, probably not going to help but I can't think of anything else.

Ultimately I think you might just have to RMA. Could be a bad capacitor that just overheats, or a resistor that doesn't resist enough. Who knows?

Back