Weird Display Issue On Emulators

beefcurtains!

Still Fresh
Anyone else noticed a strange darkening of the background on some sideways scrolling games when your character is moving? It returns to full brightness when you stop and darkens when you move. I have had this on Picodrive, Mame and also GnGeo, but not on SNES9x.

From the description, I would guess that this is probably the result of minor ghosting. What gamma setting are you using?

Sounds like ghosting to me. Known problem, I never really cared enough about it to see it as a problem.

I heard there was some ghosting issues with hotfix 5 but I thought it would be more like a motion blur type effect. I have the gamma set to default, is there a recommended setting to get rid of the ghosting?

The "TV"-style one is known for countering it to a degree. I use that, and don't really see any, myself.

I tried that setting but it didn't seem to make much difference. Was this issue present before hotfix 5 or is it lcd related?

I don't get all the ghosting complaints. Yes, I see some, but it's very little, and does not affect gameplay.

Blue Protoman said:
I don't get all the ghosting complaints. Yes, I see some, but it's very little, and does not affect gameplay.

Not a complaint, just an observation, I'm sure it affects some people worse than others. Nothing wrong with trying to make the best emulation experience possible!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back