What Are You Playing This Weekend? (Any Machine, Gph/op/whatever)

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
I'm playing Master of Magic (on Pandora and my laptop)
(and with a soundtrack of retro post-ska, No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom. I still think "Just a Girl" was a damned great song, and I'm an old metalhead even :p)

I really doubt Age of Wonders would fire up on Pandora's Dosbox (1999 era turn based game, with svga I think), but that'd rock; I imagine Battle for Wesnoth (on most GPH platforms and for Pandora) should sub in nicely for these games, but MAster of MAgic is a really unique combination of features (plays like Civilization with magic, and a lot of features later games would steal.)

What are you playing?

jeff

lego indiana jones on my newly hacked wii

hacking my wii, hooking up a 250GB portable and backing up most of my wii games has been my little "weekend project"

EDIT: hey you said any machine

Just finished 7th Guest via Scummvm while waiting for my computer to rebuild itself. Yet another game I've had for years and never finished. The Pandora is quickly catching me up on all the games I should have been playing as a kid instead of doing homework!

7th Guest is in ScummVM? Damn, I may have to look into that :)

authoreyes -- I should start working on a smaller more focuses project, back to my tile engine; working on a huge multiplayer game is eating up waaaaay too much time, and not getting anywhere quick ;) I'm sort of thinking that .. smaller scoped games are more 'immediate', which is more satisfying.

The LEGO games _are_ kickass; playing through Indiana Jones Lego with my daughter and wife too; we did Star WArs lego (weakest of the bunch imho, but first, so ok); Batman Lego is _great_.

jeff

skeezix said:
authoreyes -- I should start working on a smaller more focuses project, back to my tile engine; working on a huge multiplayer game is eating up waaaaay too much time, and not getting anywhere quick ;) I'm sort of thinking that .. smaller scoped games are more 'immediate', which is more satisfying.

Understand completely....

I actually have an idea for a much more original pandora game (strategy oriented), but I am forcing myself to finish the side scroller so I can reuse the game engine...and feel some progress....

Last edited by a moderator:
^That's where I am. I was going to release a zombie shooter, but it was going to take a while to get all of the necessary mechanics in place. Then people were talking about the need for a tower defense game. I have one on my to-do list, and then I realized I could use my existing code to implement it. I think the top-down interface will work better than the arcade shooter perspective I had in mind. Then, with a little forethought, I plan to add features that will check off items on both lists. But right now, everything is on paper. Everything seems to look good on paper.

I've been playing Dungeon Siege II and Firearms 3.0 recently. I tried playing Dawn and Hero of Allacrost tonight on my netbook, but it can't do any heavy lifting. It's a shame, because they looked pretty good. I also checked out some games on gog.com. I figured I would start making my wishlist for when my Pandora arrives.

I should be studying, but I can't get focused. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I've been reacquainting myself with PowerManga (if only to test it) on my OP, I have to say my eeePC and my poor Wii have taken a back seat - poor things think they are at the bottom of Andys toy cupboard....

I've also had a burst of Tenchu which brings back memories... (rumours of even better psx emu has me interested!)

and if I get bored of button mashing - I'll probably pop over to sf.net to find a project to victimise errm I mean port...

skeezix said:
7th Guest is in ScummVM? Damn, I may have to look into that :)
Yup. :D
Now they just need to add the Myst/Riven engines and that's two more games I could stroke off my list.

This Weekend, i did played

James Bond 007 Goldeneye on the Nintendo DS

and

God of War Ghost of Sparta on the Sony PSP

and Minecraft on PC in Survival Multiplayermode

Because i dont have an Opensource Handheld yet, my Pandora is Work in Progres (but the case is allready in Newcastle upon Tyne i think...)

This weekend I've hooked up my PSX, and have been playing Crash Bandicoot, and Spyro the Dragon. I've also been playing Mega Man ZX Advent, Chronos Twin, and Scrabble 2009 Edition on my Nintendo DS. :D

Sim City 2000 on dos box on Pandora, starting to get really slow and unresponsive as my city grows in size. Just like it used to do back in the day. :p

My cousin had that game for the Super Nintendo. I thought it was unresponsive from the beginning.

Me and my girlfriend have played through Broken sword 1 & 2 on the Wii Via ScummVM, I'v been playing Supertux on my Pandora

Mario Galaxy 2 has had a bit of a bashing too

Oh yeah we had a bash at The Tales Of Monkey Island Chapter 1, I didn't have high hopes for that one but it's a pretty good game

Continued playing Tales of Symphonia on the GC. Mostly always playing RPGs :)

I also played some N64 on Pandora to select the games to show tomorrow :)

EvilDragon said:
Continued playing Tales of Symphonia on the GC. Mostly always playing RPGs :)

I also played some N64 on Pandora to select the games to show tomorrow :)

Awesome on both accounts. That game is so expensive on Ebay. Wish I had the foresight to pick it up before it went out of print.

I sold my copy last year. I would have kept it in my cube collection, but I thought it was a dreadful game! Hated everything about it

Back