What Are Your Lcd Settings To Avoid Flickering ?

Tetedeiench

Still Fresh
I am still playing around with the CPU/LCD Tweaker, and i was wondering what were you prefered settings with the CPU/LCD Settings.

Please post :
-CPU speed
-LCD Mode ( UPLL, FPLL)
-LCD offset.

The best i've found so far ( flicker-free, but still with some scanlines) is :
-CPU : 200Mhz
-LCD Mode : FPLL
-LCD Offset : -6

Please try to post good values besides overclocking - for those who want to save their batteries :)

Thanks alot !

I find 200MHz, UPLL, 1 to be probably the best. 0 reduces scanlines even further, but does give you some wave-effects from time to time. 2 is ok for most things, too, though... I think the default, idd, is probably around 5.

nickspoon posted on Dec 17 2005 at 06:44 AM said:
Has anybody else had the problem where some videos don't play if you overclock to over 250MHz?

I think that is because the program shuts off the second processor, or at least it used to.

Last edited by a moderator:
no ... it doesn't do anything with the secont processor anymore, because it is in reset-mode by standard, so i removed the disable-function.

Why would you want to overclock to watch videos? The mmsp2 is designed for video playback at 200mhz, and includes dedicated hardware just for that purpose, so there should be no need at all to overclock. In fact you should be able to underclock and still get full performance for a lot of videos.

I was wondering : why do we even have to worry about that setting anyway ?

A LCD isn't an analogic thing... so the timer/whatever can be obtained through calculus... on whatever basis. Take a PSP for instance... the LCD is just plain, flicker/scanline free... and the sync value is the same for every psp, i don't think they're testing that over and over for every PSP made...

Why do we have to switch values with ours ? Why don't we have a plain straight value to set once and for all fdor it to be flawless ?

Is this flickering going to be present all the time ?

i'm really wondering why we are even messing up with that thing in fact...

I didn't say I wanted to change clockspeed just to watch videos, I'm just saying that it dies. It either doesn't play, audio plays but no video, or dies on "Loading... Please Waiting..." (which I find hilarious).

I usually use:

-lcd mode: UPLL
-offset: 1

I've found it reduces scanlines and waves for 200MHz and under; I haven't experimented with overclocking.

But, has anyone else noticed, when you underclock the GP2X, that when you select something else on the menu there is a "flash" of brightness? I tried a few values of lcd mode and offset, but the "flash" never went away. I routinely set the clock to 66MHz when viewing E-books, and I don't notice the brightness problem when I am scrolling through the book, just on the menus.

up... bacause i wonder if we will ever get something crystal clear, without flickering and scanlines... just as every other handheld in history...

Back