Release Beta Test: Upcoming (HF5) Firmware Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
You had the savestate on the NAND?

If you have the emulator PND on the SD Card, it should still be there, including all savestates.
I upgraded PCSXRearmed the same time I threw the Hotfix on my SD card. Deleted the entire folders in AppData and from my Menu. Was not putting savestates on the NAND, but thanks for the concern ED.

@ED Any chance you could make the Pandora display Zaxxon HF5 on boot, it would make things easier for general troubleshooting. Forgive me if there is already an easy way to see what HF version you are running.
+1

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I flashed the beta firmware, I have been really enjoying the update. But this morning I noted that a problem cropped up. The WIFI sees my router, connects to it, but for some reason I cannot access the internet. The router is functioning and working with my laptop and other computers.

I have tried restarting and several browsers, but all do not seem to connect. I have also restarted my modem and router too just to see if that was an issue.

Any suggestions?

Try another channel number of your WiFi. There could be just a little sensitivity with the channel you're using that the Pandora doesn't like.

Yeah, I had tried that when I first got my Pandora and it worked. I will shift channels again and see if that helps. I appreciate the suggestions.

Thanks for suggestions. Changed the wifi channel worked again. I should have remembered that.

Thanks for suggestions. Changed the wifi channel worked again. I should have remembered that.
If you have an Android phone I can recommend the WiFi Analyser App by Farproc as this will show what channels are being used in your area and the strength of your signal.

I am received my Pandora recently and I am testing this firmware.

BTW thx you again Evildragon for helping me get my Pandora running. I had no bootloader... spoke to you on IRC :)

Just a few thing I noticed concerning the software.

Why does enabling the wiki takes so long.... it's not a big deal but it's a bit strange. I have the impression that connecting itself is fast but it takes a while for the Pandora to

Also, I am not 100% positive but I think I already had the wifi not come back on once after I've put the Pandora in low power mode.

Concerning XFCE, it seems the application menu (pandora menu) doesn't want to close sometime. Even though I click on the desktop it stays open and I need to launch something in the menu before it finally closes.

Midori is definitely crashing too much and has some issue with some website. Maybe it will be possible to switch to another browser in the future. I haven't tried them all extensively enough yet to make a definitive opinion though. I've actually been surprised by Fennec that runs quite well.

I've seen it's not possible to permanently delete a file / folder. There is a "fix" on the forum to add a custom action. This is ok but a bit dangerous. If you click an empty space and right click > delete permanently it will remove everything in the current folder recursively. So you really need to be careful.

I believe it would be great to have a fix for this. (Maybe change the default shortcut so that it can be used on the Pandora, or make the fault delete behave differently)

Finally, what is exactly X11VNCServer. It's a VNC Server I guess... but it doesn't seem to do anything when clicking on it (or maybe it does but it's silent). Definitely a bit puzzling.

I think it's fine to have removed some application for the firmware. Maybe it would be possible to have a pack of PND with the main application people would need. A bit in the same spirit as the unofficial codec pack.

Finally, what is exactly X11VNCServer. It's a VNC Server I guess... but it doesn't seem to do anything when clicking on it (or maybe it does but it's silent). Definitely a bit puzzling.
VNC is software that lets you control one computer from another computer. With VNC, you can have a window open on computer A that's showing you the screen of computer B--and you can move the mouse and click and type there, just as if you were in front of computer B. In this example, computer A is using the VNC "client", and computer B is running the VNC "server". And yes, it's normal for the VNC server to be silent--at least, until someone connects to it. Then it tends to pop up a little message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back