Release Beta Test: Upcoming (HF5) Firmware Image BETA 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run into another bug:

i copyed a big file (psx iso) from a sdcard in slot two to slot one. works fine. Then ive copyed the same file from the same cards but switched slots: the copy crashes after about two seconds with io error on slot one. dmesg says:

[ 1654.175659] mmci-omap mmci-omap.0: MMC IRQ 0x208000 : ERRI DCRC

[ 1654.175720] mmcblk0: error -84 transferring data

[ 1654.180419] end_request: I/O error, dev mmcblk0, sector 13861400

I this error is repeatable. slot one to two gives an error, slot two to one works. I ve tried it with different target cards, problem persists.

I've the same problem wih my Pandora now, I can't copy between cards 1+2, it copies most of the file then gives me an error message (the size of file actually copied changes each time)

MMC slots are actually removable; without being on top of it, this is actually by design.. I wonder if it ties into USB where the mmc device could be in/out randomly. But many laptops have removable CDRom drives, removable MMC slots, etc. (Consider Thinkpads from a few years ago with hyperblade or whatever it was, you coudl slide in and out any number of different devices which would then register dynamicly. One could consider that if there were two blade slots, that you could have a totally dynamic mmc slot setup....)

It is a bit extreme, but its 'good design' (and assumes you'll mount by uuid or something instead of dynamic device name. But yeah, bites us in the ass :)

jeff

It is a bit extreme, but its 'good design' (and assumes you'll mount by uuid or something instead of dynamic device name. But yeah, bites us in the ass :)
It makes sense when it is more dynamic like you describe (i.e. when you physically remove the mmc host hardware), it makes little sense to me when situation is static (i.e. two fixed slots that are always present). There is no reason why the device name couldn't be always the same for same slot and the patch in kernel is easy.

I wonder what happens in linux with usb card reader when you eject SD card but keep the reader in usb. I guess the /dev/sdX device will stay. At least windows still shows your drive letter with the media not present status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back