Beta Upcoming (Hf5) Firmware Image Beta 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the wifi connection seemed better and everything on the previous beta, so much so that I actually downloaded the beta 2 version straight onto my Pandroa, just to see how ong it would take (seemed to kinda cycle from 30-60kb which was an improvement on previous version when it'd simply drop to a crawl and refuse to go back up again). Are there any terminal tricks I might try to improve matters? (I am a newbie in Linux)

skeezix said:
If HF is a couple weeks off, we coudl probabyl add some 'reassign to tab <foo>' type operations to minimenu, but got lots I want to do, not sure our or my timeline :)

Jeff I just had a thought about this. Perhaps you could actually make the re-assigner (which basically just created and amends .ovr's right?) a separate application? So when the user selects 'move to' an external application is launched. To the end user, nothing is different; it just appears like it's a sub-menu from mini menu... but it would mean that other menus systems (and even XFCE if a hook into the panel 'start' menu right click context menu is possible) could make use of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a problem with Wifi too. I must toggle wifi each time I launch the Pandora.

I checked in "session and startup" "application autostart", the network manager is on.

I don't remember I had to do something special on HF4.

When setting to OPP5 is there any way to be specific with voltage or is it just a range?

Stouffa said:
and the wifi connection seemed better and everything on the previous beta, so much so that I actually downloaded the beta 2 version straight onto my Pandroa, just to see how ong it would take (seemed to kinda cycle from 30-60kb which was an improvement on previous version when it'd simply drop to a crawl and refuse to go back up again). Are there any terminal tricks I might try to improve matters? (I am a newbie in Linux)

reflashed back to Hotfix 4, then back to the latest beta, that seemed to do the trick! (still not sure why though)

BAFelton said:
I have a problem with Wifi too. I must toggle wifi each time I launch the Pandora.

I checked in "session and startup" "application autostart", the network manager is on.

I had the reverse problem when I flashed to a previous beta, I couldn't stop the wifi turning on automatically on every boot (as expected the magical Pandora elves on the forums sorted me out!!). go to Settings>Startup (not Session and Startup), enter you password, then open up Enable/Disable Services on Boot. In there you can select automatic Wifi on booting up. :)

BAFelton said:

You had to :)
Go to System/Startup to enabl WiFi on startup.
That has been the case with HF4 as well, but it's a one-time-thing, so most probably don't remember ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
BAFelton said:

You had to :)
Go to System/Startup to enabl WiFi on startup.
That has been the case with HF4 as well, but it's a one-time-thing, so most probably don't remember ;)

Done, sorry for the annoyance. Did I say I love the Pandora ? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back