Release Beta Test: Upcoming (HF5) Firmware Image BETA 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea what is exFAT, but if linux can support it and it is open source, then it is possible ;)
exFAT is Microsoft's new file system for external storage media, it was declared to be the new standard on SDXC cards.

I'd love to take the clichés aside, but it's just as bad as any MS-basher would expect... ("Specs/docs? Buy a license or GTFO!")

IIRC there was some free very rudimentary and experimental read-only driver, but that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have vsync enabled in gnome-mplayer options

When using mplayer, I usually tell it to render on fb, and then use ofbset to scale up, and works great to give a few more fps :)

jeff

Could you please give more details about this (commandline and/or other info)? Doing that, does vsync work? Do the black upper and lower borders dissapear?

High quality video playback was one of the things that I want my Pandora for. I hope we can get 800x480 AVC+AAC playback. And the sooner the better.

Well it was my solo project until you stepped up, besides that nobody sent me patches. So there is no need for any splitting for sure.

Anyone wanting discuss any kernel work can simply email me or catch me on IRC, we'll take it from there.
Is there a wiki page that explains this?

<snip>

Also would any of the hot-fixes add support for exFAT or is that something that won't be able to happen. If not I guess I'll just have to format it as ext3 so if it won't support exFAT does anyone know how to format it without journaling?
I have no idea what is exFAT, but if linux can support it and it is open source, then it is possible ;)

ext3 is ext2 with a journal, so if you want ext3 without a journal, you need to use ext2

Afaik, there's no open source driver that supports exFAT. I'm also pretty sure one would have to pay royalties to implement it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back