What Browser Are You Using? How Good Is It?

Fennec user here. I was using Chromium but recently switched to Fennec + Firefox sync so my desktop bookmarks are synced to my Pandora's Fennec. I'm using autohide panel to get maximum workspace.

Firefox 3.6.7 with a couple addons to improve usability on the small screen:
autoHideStatusBar
Compact Menu 2
Used the same addons on my Eee 701, it's no longer cramped with them, just a bit small - websites aren't designed for 800 screen width.

Also Download Statusbar and Adblock Plus because they're awesome :)

Fennec is nice too, but it's designed for finger usage, and that doesn't work too well on resistive touchscreens, and if I have to use the stylus anyway I prefer Firefox.

I use Firefox primarily. Copied my profile over from my desktop all my add-ons work, bookmarks etc.....feels like I'm at home. :) One add-on that wont install on linux without editing the file in the xpi is Grab and Drag. That add-on rocks makes web pages finger scrollable. I don't do much flash based browsing so I don't miss it.

Jdbye said:
Fennec is nice too, but it's designed for finger usage, and that doesn't work too well on resistive touchscreens, and if I have to use the stylus anyway I prefer Firefox.
Did you know that finger does work on a resistive touch-screen ? You're just not as precise as with he stilus. But fennec is build around that already... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alerino said:
yeah, Fennec is the winner for me so far... i just love the touchscreen capability, kinda iphoneish, but that's the best part, we should have more software like that
Me too. (though i hate iphone)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back