Fastest Browser for Pandora is...

Hmm, what version of Debian / Chromium are you using?

I installed PanDebian (wheezy) incl. Chromium-Browser.

On start Chromium gives me a Segmentation fault.

I'm currently trying to prepare a press PanDebian card, so this is kinda urgent.

Hmm, what version of Debian / Chromium are you using?

I installed PanDebian (wheezy) incl. Chromium-Browser.

On start Chromium gives me a Segmentation fault.

I'm currently trying to prepare a press PanDebian card, so this is kinda urgent.

Squeeze - works perfectly for me. :)

By the way ED, off-topic but I still need to hear from you for the wifi module - please please please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh... but Squeeze is still the old Chromium 6, which is the same version we have on the Repo (Chromium stable) as PND.

Yeah, right, will try to look for those documents today, sorry.

Oh... but Squeeze is still the old Chromium 6, which is the same version we have on the Repo (Chromium stable) as PND.

Yeah, right, will try to look for those documents today, sorry.

Strange, are you sure? under Pandebian it seems much, much faster though.

Well, I packaged the Chromium PND and grabbed the binaries from the Debian repository ;)

Sure you tried the stable version of Chromium as PND, not the -dev?

Well, I packaged the Chromium PND and grabbed the binaries from the Debian repository ;)

Sure you tried the stable version of Chromium as PND, not the -dev?

Can you remind me which one comes with a Chrome OS-kind of menu/interface? is that the dev one of the Chromium one ?

EDIT: I think it's the Chromium one I have, and the Debian Chromium in Squeeze does not have at all the same interface - are you sure you used the very same package?

Can you remind me which one comes with a Chrome OS-kind of menu/interface? is that the dev one of the Chromium one ?

EDIT: I think it's the Chromium one I have, and the Debian Chromium in Squeeze does not have at all the same interface - are you sure you used the very same package?

Only the -dev one has the Chrome OS interface.

Just saw that the old Chromium one I made isn't on the repo... maybe I forgot to upload it.

V4 seems to be on the old archive still:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,112,90

Need to check for V6, but I'd rather get the V20 from Debian working :/

Fastest Browser for Pandora is... Jumanji

You can use the mouse - but once you get used to the keyboard shortcuts you're in for a real treat.

Edit: Also best use of screen estate, minimal interface.

FIrefox 15 seems to be out. I've heared it has optimized Memory usage and it may also benefit from this on the Pandora. :) Now we just need a port. ^^

You can use the mouse - but once you get used to the keyboard shortcuts you're in for a real treat.

No, Chromium on PanDebian is way faster than Jumanji (and this is coming from a fan of Jumanji).

No, Chromium on PanDebian is way faster than Jumanji (and this is coming from a fan of Jumanji).
Oh, well then. Have yet to try PanDebian!

I would love an new PND of Chromium instead of PanDebian. ^^ And with Chromium I mean ONLY the Browser, NOT the entire OS. :rolleyes:

This Jumanji you speak of - Where can it be found? Not on the repo, it seems?

It was on the repo until yesterday, but the package maintainer changed his mind and deleted it from the repo (to make a point, since ZX_Dunny did the same thing with two his ports because he didn't like it that DREDD mirrored them). You can probably still get it from DREDDs mirror :)

See also:

Pandebian chromium is indeed faster than firefox and midori. However, I have to say the fastest one on my Pandora is Opera mini on Android. this one really beats the others. you should try it. (I have been testing it with an external usb wifi, not sure how fast it is on internal wifi).

I would like to use these on Pandora without Debian or Android. :D

Main Problem with Firefox is not the WiFi speed but the actual site rendering, it's slow and it blocks completely the CPU or so, you can't even scroll a tab when another Tab is loading, pretty weird. The Pandora CPU should be able to handle this easily, so maybe the Browser itself is the Bottleneck but I have the same thing with Midori. It's actualy even slower (overall) and much less stable than Firefox, so I use Firefox because there are still no updates like dedicated Cromium or Opera Mobile for native usage.

On PC I use Opera by the way. :)

Hm. I'll check with some of my friends inside Opera what it would take to get a native build.

Hm. I'll check with some of my friends inside Opera what it would take to get a native build.
Cool. Maybe there could be a PND without the Opera Source Code has be touched? I don't know if this is possible but actualy there is no need to have a program to be Open Source to use it with the PND system. If we can't do this, maybe someone from Opera can do it for us if we show them how?

I just speculating around. ^^"

Back