Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safari

• Internet Explorer

• Total voters

Alex.

Retired
I used Firefox for a good few years now. However, it became very unstable on my laptop (2.0.0.4), and even after a full Windows reinstall and then 2.0.0.5, it still locked up fairly often. I am now giving Opera a try, but it seems very clumsy and crowded compared to Firefox. Oh well, time will tell :)

I voted firefox because it is what i'm still using on my main computer but I use Iexplorer back on my laptop because I have since the last update some strange hangs.
I tried EVERYTHING to corect this isue but I couldn't find ia solution.

of topic: I'm just about trying your sqdef

I use Opera, And have done for years, Since Opera 5.X.
It is definitely more secure than IE or FireFox.
I like opera that much, I even use Opera portable via a pocket usb HDD (NOT Opera-usb) when ever i am not using my own machine`s, Sweet.

Trooper

virusx said:
I voted firefox because it is what i'm still using on my main computer but I use Iexplorer back on my laptop because I have since the last update some strange hangs.
I tried EVERYTHING to corect this isue but I couldn't find ia solution.
Really, you too? I'm glad it's not just my system going bananas :-/ I'll search for a clean 2.0.0.0 build then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used Opera till I discovered Stumbleupon. Now Firefox all the way.

I think it would be a good idea to include Other.

Swiftfox (which is basically Firefox, but faster) on Ubuntu, by the way :)

Alex. said:
Really, you too? I'm glad it's not just my system going bananas :-/ I'll search for a clean 2.0.0.0 build then :)
yep!
Are you using an Asus laptop with xp?
I got a Z92T (turion tl50) runing xp home.

I searched during 3 days but couldn't find anything (spyware, virus, bugs, bug with another aplication .........)
bha it will be corected in the next version... I won't use an older version because of bug fixes and all.
I'l give a go at Opera I guess.

nickspoon said:
I think it would be a good idea to include Other.

Swiftfox (which is basically Firefox, but faster) on Ubuntu, by the way :)
Ooh, not heard of that one! I'll give it a shot :)

virusx said:
Alex. said:
yep!
Are you using an Asus laptop with xp?
I got a Z92T (turion tl50) runing xp home.

I searched during 3 days but couldn't find anything (spyware, virus, bugs, bug with another aplication .........)
bha it will be corected in the next version... I won't use an older version because of bug fixes and all.
I'l give a go at Opera I guess.

I'm using an old HP laptop with XP pro. After the recent reinstall I did not put SP2, and yes, before the reinstall I went crazy with all kinds of antispyware and antivirus programs and did not find anything either. As soon as this FF issue gets fixed, I'll be back on the horse :)

I notice that Opera uses considerably less RAM than FF, too, it's down from 40megs to 22! That's fantastic!

Alex. said:
I notice that Opera uses considerably less RAM than FF, too, it's down from 40megs to 22! That's fantastic!
:eek: Reinstalling! Having Vista, I need as much RAM as I can get my hands on.

Alex. said:
I used Firefox for a good few years now. However, it became very unstable on my laptop (2.0.0.4), and even after a full Windows reinstall and then 2.0.0.5, it still locked up fairly often. I am now giving Opera a try, but it seems very clumsy and crowded compared to Firefox. Oh well, time will tell :)
You can remove anything you want by right clicking and pressing 'remove from toolbar'.

Or rightclick on a toolbar and click customise.

Back