What did I do wrong?

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Well, I reflashed my Pandora for the fifth time and the problem never solved.

The problem are these : touchscreen and nubs.
Well, nubs act very odd. After I start up my Pandora and use it normally, the mouse goes upper-middle of the screen and I can't move it with nubs or touchscreen and this is freaking annoying!

Nubs are garbage at times, I hate to say it's an issue with the design of them, sometimes they work alright for some. While my First Batch and Rebirth Pandora seems to be fine, I have the same issue on my 1Ghz unit.. I usually disable my bad left nub, by putting it into joystick mode in the nub settings and using the right for mouse movement. I use the ABmouse PND to assign the A and B button to mouse clicks. 

The mouse going of to nowhere may be an issue with the bezel, a piece of dirt stuck in the gap or the bezel itself rubbing up on the screen... It's not unheard of Pandora being shipped to customers with the bezel/lid not assembled correctly there are tabs on the sides and top where the lip of the LCD lid meets the bezel sometimes those are not inserted correctly causing the bezel to bow inward and touch the screen.

In the end if none of this works, you could RMA the Pandora and hope it can be fixed. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nubs are garbage at times, I hate to say it's an issue with the design of them, sometimes they work alright for some. While my First Batch and Rebirth Pandora seems to be fine, I have the same issue on my 1Ghz unit.. I usually disable my bad left nub, by putting it into joystick mode in the nub settings and using the right for mouse movement. I use the ABmouse PND to assign the A and B button to mouse clicks. 

The mouse going of to nowhere may be an issue with the bezel, a piece of dirt stuck in the gap or the bezel itself rubbing up on the screen... It's not unheard of Pandora being shipped to customers with the bezel/lid not assembled correctly there are tabs on the sides and top where the lip of the LCD lid meets the bezel sometimes those are not inserted correctly causing the bezel to bow inward and touch the screen.

In the end if none of this works, you could RMA the Pandora and hope it can be fixed. 

Ok, I am already using ABMouse pnd, but in Angstrom. I use PanDebian as my first OS. Also, it just works fine for 25-40 minutes.

you have a piece of dust stuck between the screen and the case, causing the piece of dust to press on the touchscreen moving the pointer in that direction. clean it out.

you have a piece of dust stuck between the screen and the case, causing the piece of dust to press on the touchscreen moving the pointer in that direction. clean it out.

Ok, I will try. I also noticed that the touchscreen stopped working.

Back