what do you think about the new SoC from A80, Rk3288, Mtk and others

leafar

Still Fresh
So yesterday charbax release some videos about the new Chinese SoC.

I am impressive about the performance and features, this Chinese company are getting in long way in the battle in this race good for themselves.

But my concerns about it is not just about hardware, mostly the software stability and optimization, if there somebody to known a little be more, can given an opinions.

I do really like the allwinner A80,41000 BMW, the GPU and from to be an open source """..

I do own three android devices, A31 box use the most no so snappy,no big community support but the video graphics its good, and stability. The rk3188 HDMI stick, snappy, quite powerful, big community support, but the Mali400 old GPU, no that good and poor stability.the last one the shield no comments, simple amazing.

From Chinese company like allwinner, choosing the big little implementation in the new octave core SoC has the advantages, like Mtk too, rockchip I do think for the GPU Mali T700 series that we don't to much right now and be an popular company.In reality we have to wait for the real life time experience for those SoC.I just mentioned Mtk but I do not know nothing about theirs SoC.

The real battle is going to start in couples months, no just with the domestic company, with foreign big company like Samsung, qualcoom, nvidia, even with Intel.

Have you got a link for those videos?

I haven't really been following developments in the power of these mobile GPUs, while open source drivers for them are still a little way off it seems. But at least in terms of numbers of cores and configurations, the competition is certainly hotting up (in more ways than one).

WWW.armdevices.net

I did forget something else about allwinner, that recently they joined to Linaro.

Beside about the SoC, quad core or octave core, I don't know to much what kinds of differents could be on the real world with software optimization, I don't doubt nothing about the quality of the hardware in new features.but its hard to believe in this Chinese companies OEM, on the final product in Android platform.

Ah, what about the battery life, power consumption, waiting for this too

Last edited by a moderator:
Back