What does the "Key" key do?

Pyramancer

Fairly Idle Member
On the Pyra keyboard, what does Fn-[Brightness Down] (labelled "Key") do? (This is the on the key to the right of the power button.)

Seriously though, I believe that's intended as the keyboard backlight brightness control

If I recall correctly the functions on that key are intended to be stacked something like this:

unmodified: LCD brightness up
shift: LCD brightness down
Fn: kb backlight brightness up
Fn+Shift: kb backlight brightness down.

-Neelix

Seriously though, I believe that's intended as the keyboard backlight brightness control

If I recall correctly the functions on that key are intended to be stacked something like this:

-Neelix

That is the intent. Where Fn+Shift can be easily chorded on the shoulders or the keyboard, it should work well.

The "key" key is the anykey.
BUDXSz2CYAA75JM.jpg

Well, reading the answers here has really enlivened my afternoon. :)

Whatever you want it to.

I'm hoping that the keys labelled "Usr1" and "Usr2" will be whatever I want them to be. Preferably by some sort of telepathic interface. Does the base Pyra have a telepathic interface or is that one of the functions of the chip on the mobile unit?

@levi @Wally @Kippykip : Stop everything, we need a new revision of the keymat! If it's the infamous any key, then clearly it should be labelled "Any"!

Aha, that makes sense. :) Although my reading of the marking on the key strongly suggests that, unmodified, the key does brightness down; and the the shifted key is brightness up. (Because typically, on a keycap, the shifted mapping is shown above the unshifted mapping, and here the up arrow is above the down arrow.)

Maybe it would have been better if the Fn-shifted key were labelled something like "Kbd *" (keyboard brightness), rather than "Key", and a pair of down/up orange arrows were also shown on the keycap -- although, I guess there's only so much space!

Back