GP2X What Ever Happened To Community Projects?

L33F3R

Still Fresh
What ever happened to community projects? Are people only developing for gp2x on der own nowadays? Whats going on here?

There were several threads made trying to get people to work together on collections of party games or larger projects. There's always a good response, but nothing really comes out of it (I'm talking about collab work between programmers, not between programmers and artists). I guess everyone prefers to go at their own pace :)

Why share the ego boost when you can HAVE IT ALLLLLL TO YOURSELF MUUUHAHAHAHA

As a rule, community projects always fail. For the record, msot private projects fail too, so it makes sense, but more so ;) More to point, successfgul projects are when a community offers aid, a few people join a team, and the team works on it. (Most 'community' projects are 2-3 core people, a few drifters, and 900 people who talk without commiting. A fact.)

So there are community projects in the team sense..

I think the many-small-teams party game project could work.

But a pure commnity '20 peopel randomly helping out' is tough to pull off; consider ... 20 cooks, one kitchen, one diner.

jeff

Well, isn't OpenTyrian a successful community project ? It kinda works fine :D
The project team did the main job and I made a first release for GP2x which brought it to light. Yet some people like Daid provide us with patches, or claim they want to help !

Back