What extension do my ST Roms need to have?

From the Castaway help file:

Install any disk images you want; they must end in 3 characters and be no more than 8 characters in the main filename. They should not end in .IMG unless they are TOS ROM images.

It is recommended you use .STT for your disk image filenames. Most disks you will find are .ST or .MSA. The .MSA files are already fine since they end with 3 characters, but you'll need to rename the .ST ones. Changing them to .STT or .FOO or .STZ or whatever you want is fine.)

.ZIP's of .MSA or .ST are fine to use, though you won't be able to look them up in the game database unless they are unzipped!

ahhh thank you, i am at work at the moment and just getting the files ready - not looked at any help files yet - maybe i should in future.

I think I should have your nickname Mr Twit ;)

mccyril posted on Oct 21 2003 at 09:28 PM said:
Hi,
Ive never had to rename the disk images. I just left them as .ST and they seem to run just fine. Never tried a zipped one though

mccyril

You must be using that update or something for PC Link as the original one won't let you transfer anything that doesn't have 3 letters for the extension (or is more than 8 characters)

Last edited by a moderator:
Belgarath posted on Oct 21 2003 at 01:02 PM said:
Looking up games in the database, even if they are zipped works, well it does for me at least.

Yep; I made that work in one of the later Castaway/GP versions and prolly forgot to update the docs. Updating docs is hard :)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Back