What Fps Can Gpcinema Make On Your Gp32?

Racemaniac

Scorched GP programmer
Website
Visit site
i downloaded the highest quality demo for gpcinema (the matrix trailer @ 24 fps, set gpcinema to 166 Mhz (my gp can handle it :D), but the movie wasn't completely smooth, sometimes it stuttered a bit, not much, but not good enough for viewing (rather stupid for a demo movie showing the capabiliteis at 166 Mhz)
is it because my machine doesn't handle 166 Mhz good enough (i know it's the limit, can't go any faster) or is that normal? for movies i encode myself i stick to 20 fps, more than enough :)

I've had the exact same problem.

My gp32_console will happily oc to 166 on ANY other app, but as soon as i run any 24fps movie stuttering and skipping sets in.

I now use 20fps on all my files and the difference isnt noticable at all!

Nah, its just the video has been encoded at a bitrate that it cant quite handle. If you lower the quality slightly then it will stay smooth. Its nothing to do with you're gp32_console not being able to overclock properly. If that was a problem, the gp would freeze or reset, not give unsmooth playback.

bringoutthegimp posted on May 16 2004 at 03:58 PM said:
SHOULD BE IN THE GPCINEMA SECTION
ow damn, you're right :s
didn't even know there was one :s
must be more careful next time, sorry :s (after having seen a lot of gpcine threads here after it got free...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually encode:
Video - Divx 20fps 200kb/s
Sound - MPEG3 32kb/s 22.05khz Mono
Runs very smooth, very good quality.
I do get some slow down at very heavy detailed parts, but for the most part runs fine, it's what I encode all of my music videos in.

Mofokubik posted on May 17 2004 at 03:05 AM said:
I usually encode:
Video - Divx 20fps 200kb/s
Sound - MPEG3 32kb/s 22.05khz Mono
Runs very smooth, very good quality.
I do get some slow down at very heavy detailed parts, but for the most part runs fine, it's what I encode all of my music videos in.
hmmm good quality indeed, but does take a lot of smc space...

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched a short movie - 4 minutes - and I had 24 fps and 8bit 11khz sound
it was really quiet and the sound was a good bit off sync, but damn it looked nice
o ya , 128 bit

~Octavious

Back