What Gadgets You Own Are Going To Be Replaced By Pandora?

Aggg45

Still Fresh
If I get my hands on pandora I'm gonna have a few redundant gadgets, what will yours be?

mine are

- Ipod Touch - I can watch movies on a bigger screen + more storage for songs :)
- DS - runs R4DS cart which plays GB/GBC/DS/NES/SNES/Megadrive - pandora will replace all that
- my laptop - if pandora can run ubuntu decently :)

My DS will be reserved for DS games, my desktop will be reserved for new games that require more power than the Pandora has available, and I may as well just toss out my laptop.

My iPAQ pocket PC running Linux, My GP32x GP2X, My Laptop, My PSP, My Flash Drive, One of my Desktop computers and most likely down the road my TV remote.

Possibly my PSP, depending on how quickly I get used to the Pandora and how well it operates in comparison for many tasks. Though I will keep my PSP so I can still enjoy my collection.

Hopefully my laptop for general web browsing and ebook reading, neither of which my PSP does well enough to consider useful.

Probably my DS for helping to learn Japanese and drawing, neither of which it serves as an important device for.

AireTamStorm said:
My iPAQ pocket PC running Linux, My GP32x, My Laptop, My PSP, My Flash Drive, One of my Desktop computers and most likely down the road my TV remote.
a "GP32x"? wow, you have some sort of gp2x-gp32 hybrid/mashup?

xD

Last edited by a moderator:
My Cowon X5L (which has slightly-broken controls), my flash drive, and for just about everything other than school my laptop.

* My Palm III
* (Mostly) My DS
* (A little) My V1100 tablet.

I don't really have any extra gadgets. I chose the Pandora over a new netbook. I dont have a need for a fancy phone like I wanted now (as long as it has 3g and bluetooth). :D

If I do get one, and nullDC can run some games I would want, it will replace my need for emus on my laptop. The only thing I would be missing out on is saturn. (assuming nulldc means n64 is a go)

I'll be tossing out my NDSL and my GP2X. I may sell the DS, but the 2X is going in the nearest bin.

The NDS has an R4+3-in-1, and the R4 is basically just stuffed to the gills with GBA roms - I've never found anything worth playing on the DS, whereas I've spent hundreds of hours on the GBA games.

To that end, the Pandora will be getting a copy of the GBA emulator. There'll be no 2x app/game ports on there, just emulators.

My Cowon D2 with a cracked screen will be replaced by the Pandora. It barely works... I hope the Pandora has good sound quality.

Dunny said:
I'll be tossing out my NDSL and my GP2X. I may sell the DS, but the 2X is going in the nearest bin.

The NDS has an R4+3-in-1, and the R4 is basically just stuffed to the gills with GBA roms - I've never found anything worth playing on the DS, whereas I've spent hundreds of hours on the GBA games.

To that end, the Pandora will be getting a copy of the GBA emulator. There'll be no 2x app/game ports on there, just emulators.

Why are you throwing away your 2X? I may want it. Is there something bad about the 2X?

PSP, PDA (Axim x51v) and for some applications (i.e. light travel) my EeePC.

And since I rarely even play games much anymore, I suppose I might as well sell off most of my game stuff soon. So Pandora will kinda replace all that too (consoles, handhelds etc,).

anexanhume said:
If I do get one, and nullDC can run some games I would want, it will replace my need for emus on my laptop. The only thing I would be missing out on is saturn. (assuming nulldc means n64 is a go)
Has there even been any updates or even news on nullDC since July 29th? <_<

Pandora would replace my NGPC, GP2x with a limp joystick that takes too much time to fix, one Cowon D2, Nano, and family.

Back