What Gadgets You Own Are Going To Be Replaced By Pandora?

hopefully my desktop computer, but not likely. i will replace it with my sansa mp3 player if pandora will have a quality library music player, which is the only portable electronic thing i own currently beside my cellphone.

anyone has anything they won't be using anymore just send them my way.

Wow! Gonna be some great deals to be had when Pandora reaches its release. Don't forget to include links please people. I just hope the Canadian dollar starts to rise by then.

I plan to replace...

My laptop, that started malfunctioning last week so I'm looking forward to Pandora to be able to work away from the desktop system.

My NDS, which I had mainly for homebrew. I actually never fully finished any of the programs I started on it, but I have them pictured on my mind and engraved on my soul, and I'm now writing them on Python, which I find more enjoyable than C + libnds. And more portable too.

My Psion 5MX-Pro. I don't use it since almost 3 years. But I used it very much then in those times. Primarily for spreadsheets, docs, PIM, and homebrew in OPL with his built-in interpreter, and nethack... This is the most similar device I've found to those Psions, despite the differences (like the way much better keyboard on the Psion, or the way much better communication possibilities in the Pandora)

I'll also enjoy playing wesnoth, all scummvm adventures, nethack, many spectrum games (my first geek love when I was a kid :) )... and I look forward to discover some of the best games that I hope to find recommended for any platform that will run in Pando. (PSX1, Amiga, C64...) Never been much a console-type guy (I only bought NDS so far, and less than a year ago, for homebrewing). But I know the kid that's in me will enjoy also the gaming aspect of this beautiful beast.

My mobile phone with symbian (but only the part of reading text.books and writing python scripts in-the-go, which is slow and painful with a telephone keyboard, and the tiny screen resolution). I intend to use the phone as a HSDPA modem for the Pandora, too :)

Watching movies, reading ebooks, surfing, calculating, PIM, alone & multiplayer gaming, remotely access to servers, homebrewing & developing, audio player, taking notes & audio recorder maybe...

It will be kind of a machine for everything for me. Even controling DIY stuff, thanks to the 'COMMS' port. Fiuuu. I'm so grateful I discovered it in time for the first batch. It's like pioneering in a golden age... yumm

It will displace rather than replace...

- my Zen, that will be used only for mp3 and Pandora will be my video player as soon as I can get one.
- my laptop, as Pandora would be capable of running soft like Kompozer, to edit web "on the go" and connecting to the internet, usually to IM, web, etc.
- my HTC, as mobile navigator.

Just one actually: the GP2X :gp2x
I'll finally get to play all of those action games that require lots of directional changes.

I'll use it for a ton of other things but it'll only replace that one.

My Pandora will replacer my GP2x and my IPAQ i'm using from time to time. Otherwise it will replace some functions on my iphone.

I don't think it will replace my Notebook.

My Pandora will replace:

iPod Touch
Zaurus SL-3100C
PSP for emulation duties
Laptop in many cases, but not all.

Combine Pandora with my G1, and that might be too much uber dorkdom to ignore. :blink:

Hmm, that would be portable dvd-player (since i mostly watch animu with it :> ) and my N81 (and I mean amulating part, GBA, SNES, NES etc).

My DS has already gone out the door while awaiting the Pandora. I used it generally for homebrew and NES/SNES emulation. My GP2X was formerly "traded in" for the DS... which turned out to be, for the most part, a mistake.

Back