what games dont work on gpengine

johnnyskullhead

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hi
does any one know what games dont work on gpengine
ive tried ghouls n ghosts and vigilantie both dont work any ideas any one got a list up of do and donts

ps when will the save feature be implemented
thanks dean

Hi,

Does anyone know of a working street fighter 2? would be nice for the gpengine one to work.

vigilante works ok for me? ghouls and ghosts is a turbo grafx game so wont work?

space harrier doesn't work.

all the best.

when will the save feature be implemented

Theres another post where someone asks if its still being worked on and we were told to just be patient... but apparently has saving amongst its many new functions.... AND MULTIPLAYER!!! (over RF i presume)

Will be good when this arrives

Ghouls n ghosts and 2 other supergfx games dont work because supergfx games are not supported.
GPengine is a PCengine/Turbogfx emulator, not more.

space harrier and r-type 2 work fine for me.
please make sure that your rom dump is emulated fine on your pc (using magicengine eg) before stating that its the fault of gpengine.

Giffel.

Space Harrier runs, but that, Outrun and Powerdrift all run pretty poorly because of the pseudo-3D. Of course, you can change the frameskip...

There is an intersting game called Somer Assualt by Atlus, unfortunately the 1st boss is invisible and so i can't get past level 1 :(

johnnyskullhead posted on May 25 2003 said:
thanks for all the replies but i still dont understand why vigilante wont work it works on magic engine so why not on gpengine am i doing something wrong ??
many thanks
because they are both different emulators, magic engine has been in development 5+ years so compatability is very high

if it works using magic engine then you know that it is a 'good dump' and so it 'may' work with gpengine with a bit of fiddling...

but if it doesn't then it's not likely to work in a hundred million years! (or until the next version of gpengine, whichever comes 1st) :p

Last edited by a moderator:
rcx21000 posted on May 22 2003 said:
Bonk 2 & 3 don't work, and Gunhead (2nd level all boxy graphics and re-start the GP)
I've run both PC Genjin 2 and 3 on it fine, try a Japanese rom instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back