What happened to Ren'Py - 6.10.2.01?

steve_punkerton

Still Fresh
Hey,

I had saw on the Pandora Facebook the other day that the engine had been ported but tried to follow the link and it told me it doesn't exist. Was just curious.

Best,

Steve

Content of pnd was repacked into one called "Digital: A Love Story", which was the app I was trying to distribute (I'd assumed - somewhat nonsenically - that the repo would show the title of the application inside the pnd, rather than the title of the pnd).

I was originally thinking of having one Ren'Py pnd, and having a bunch of Visual Novels inside it, to avoid have to redistribute libav and the Ren'Py module each time, but that doesn't make much sense either (the visual novels are much bigger than the libraries). Also, I didn't want for it to seem like I was making a landgrap of the 'renpy' application id in the repo, as other folks will presumably want to package up visual novels too.

Also, version 6.10.2 is less useful than I'd thought it was, as it's a version from 2010, some some things - like "don't take it personally, babe" - don't work with it, whereas others - like "Re: Alistair++" - do, but operate kinda slowly.

Incidentally, I have got the latest version of Ren'Py to compile, but I've not got games using the open-gles part, because the problem is now with pygame, rather than ren'py. Will keep trying (hopefully, others with too).

Back