What If Steve Jobs Ran America?

jlepley

Comedian Bill Maher recently stated that Steve Jobs would do a better job of running America than President Obama. All politics aside, what do you think America (or any country) would be like under the rule of Steve Jobs?

Well, firstly Steve Jobs would bring a new meaning to The Big Apple, as in he'd rename New York to something like..."iNew" or some bullsh*t.

Secondly, he'd make every man, woman, child, and dog wear these...

jobs.png

And lastly, he'd make it so that all American electronic products (let alone all products, period) begin with a small "i" in it's product name...
That includes women's hygiene products! e.g. iPad

EDIT: F*ck, I hate Steve Jobs!!!

I'm wondering if he was always a control freak, or only since he became powerful (in the tech world that is).

SomeGuy99 said:
I'm wondering if he was always a control freak, or only since he became powerful (in the tech world that is).

I dunno, but he did some really unethical things a long time ago, like taking credit for Steve Wozniak's work on something and withholding most of the money he made on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one welcome our shiny white invaders.

Hah, new gadget idea. I don't know what exactly it does or what it'll look like. But it will be called iHate. And it will help you hate anything or anyone.

He'd obviously take over the patent office and get ahold of the rights to ARM processors, he'd put his stuff in schools, deem Linux based computers and F/OSS 'dangerous to society' and attempt to eliminate altogether any sort of platform that could attempt to compete with iStuff, and he'd probably have something "special" in mind for Adobe employees...

I'm pretty sure Jobs would encounter the same level of stone walling Obama and most other presidents plying for change before him encountered, and thus get about as little accomplished as any of them, to the point that some comedian with no knowledge of real world politics would eventually say "that Jobs guy isn't doing a very good job. So-n-So should be president, he'd do it right." He's a comedian, so he'd probably use a better joke than that, but you get the idea.

Jourdy288 said:
He'd obviously take over the patent office and get ahold of the rights to ARM processors, he'd put his stuff in schools, deem Linux based computers and F/OSS 'dangerous to society' and attempt to eliminate altogether any sort of platform that could attempt to compete with iStuff, and he'd probably have something "special" in mind for Adobe employees...

You have some weird ideas of what the president is capable of doing.

At any rate, ARM isn't under US patent jurisdiction (UK company et al) and Apple pretty routinely relies on and contributes to various open source projects (but I think they're uncomfortable with GPLv3, kinda like the Linux kernel itself is).

Exophase said:
Jourdy288 said:

At any rate, ARM isn't under US patent jurisdiction (UK company et al) and Apple pretty routinely relies on and contributes to various open source projects (but I think they're uncomfortable with GPLv3, kinda like the Linux kernel itself is).
I didn't say president...

Exophase said:
Jourdy288 said:

So did Dick Cheney.

Jourdy288 said:
I didn't say president...

Touche ;p

I thought the comparisons to Obama in the opening post kind of implied that but yes, you're right!

Exophase said:
The "installation information" requirement of GPLv3 goes against everything they're trying to do with the iPhone.

Aethix said:
Comedian Bill Maher recently stated that Steve Jobs would do a better job of running America than President Obama. All politics aside, what do you think America (or any country) would be like under the rule of Steve Jobs?

He would run the country like a business by looking ahead, create a business plan, and we'd only have to pay him $1! Too many politics just throw around money not realizing that they are throwing away other people's money. Obama = worst president so far... (horrible healthcare bill, China now owns the U.S. with all the money they "loaned" to us, two idiotic supreme court justices, cash for clunkers failure, stimulus flop, abortion laws (just what we need, more sluts getting more abortions with our money), and look at Biden... what is that?) Jobs = best businessman... currently (look at the stats!).

Back