What If This Forum Had Discussed The Gp32 Launch?

30? Damn, maybe I'm thinking of my nomad or lynx rather than my gamegear (which I sadly no longer own)

Know what'd be redundant? A Nomad emulator, not emulating the genesis hardware itself but takeing apart a nomad and finding out if anything is different. :D

30 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration, but they were hungry beasts in their day. I got one for Christmas one year (still have it, too!) and it only took a couple of days for my parents to buy an AC adapter for it. It was cheaper than going through all those batteries!

I hope we see a GG emu on the GP2X. :)

30 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration, but they were hungry beasts in their day.

Well, it really ran 30 minutes at the time it was out... of course, there haven't been any hi-tech batteries around as we have today... but still, it wouldn't run more than 2 hours with modern batteries :)

Last edited:
30 minutes is a bit of an exaggeration, but they were hungry beasts in their day.

Well, it really ran 30 minutes at the time it was out... of course, there haven't been any hi-tech batteries around as we have today... but still, it wouldn't run more than 2 hours with modern batteries :)

You must have had some crappy batteries cause I could get 2h out of them with alkalines. That's still pretty bad, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anybody's dissing the dreamcast, I for one enjoy playing mine from time to time still. Saying that the GP32 is the dreamcasts little sister is implying that they both are a haven for homebrew and emulators.

Actualy the gp32 is like the dreamcast's little sister. Both consoles started off as purely commercial and ended up having a pretty darn big homebrew scene.

Just take a look at dcemulation or dcemu among many dreamcast homebrew sites.

edit:spelling

Back