what is chainfire 3d?

LTStone

just wondering what chainfire 3d is and is it or can it be used with the pandora?

Compatibility layer for your GPU in android.

Allows you to run games written for other GPUs with the ndk with whatever one you have.

Results vary between each app, could be faster, could and probably will be much much slower, some could not work at all.

For what it is, its good, but don't believe people that say its a magic piece of software that should be installed on every device.

Hey i try often android on the pandora.

when i have time for that,will i try thatcher.

sounds good,sounds like a new grafical driver or a patch for the build in driver as extension.

maybe some speed improvements for playing gta 3 on rebirth Pandora.or more 3D Games who arena normaly not combatible.

in the moment experiment i with new OSes for Pandora,make Videos for presentation and fight with my audio configuration, because my videos have all a little peeep sound in backround.

Every evening destroy i my dev sd card ,i must learn more and install the depencies manualy.

much to do but first working.

ok I downloaded chainfire 3d and the plugins but it cant find the plugins? any ideas?

Yep did all that , it just won't find the plugins, there are 3 that you get in one zip:

libGLEMU_NVIDIA.zip

libGLEMU_QUALCOMM.zip

libGLEMU_POWERVR.zip

Now I put those files on the root of my sdcard as well as a bunch of other dir's on the card. now I go to the install plugins and shaders in the chainfire options and you can see it searching all the folders on my sd . when its done I go to manage Plugins and it says found none.

Anyone here ever installed chainfire 3d

on the Pandora?

LibGLEmu?

Is there a LibGL.so inside ?

What happen when you put that File to the Pandora Libs?

Pandora uses PowerVR SGX 530 or 535 Grafical Chip.can this extend the Pandora Grafic Driver for more Options?

Android IS Linux based,maybe we can use it for Pandora OS?

Last edited by a moderator:
LibGLEmu?
Is there a LibGL.so inside ?
What happen when you put that File to the Pandora Libs?
Pandora uses PowerVR SGX 530 or 535 Grafical Chip.can this extend the Pandora Grafic Driver for more Options?
Android IS Linux based,maybe we can use it for Pandora OS?
Yes there is a LibGL.so inside,
I never tried moving it anywhere in angstrom, Chainfire 3d is supposed to find the zip file and load the plug in, it doesnt work though and im dying to try this, the rest of the chain 3d installs as as well as its chain3d opengl driver, just not the plugins and shaders...
this could open alot of possibilities if it would just find the dang plugins ..

Back