What Is This Game?

HackModford

I was just looking at the appstore for the pandora and noticed this screenshot for an atariST game.
Hatari131d.pnd.png

What game is this? I've been playing a game on my iPod called The Quest and this looks very similar...

I'd know dungeon master even if that picture was under water, on another planet, in another reality

I think we need to start a new topic.

See I practically missed out on these old computers (I started gaming when I was 2 with the NES)
It's hard for me to know what the real gems are for these older systems.
Anyone want to start a topic called Best AtariST games you should get
And so on for the other consoles?

Yep, DM started a whole RPG revolution :) The Quest (and its related games for Palm OS, WinCE etc) are directly descended from these guys .. homage at its best!

I'm fully planning to re-beat Dungeon MAster and CSB on the Pandora, soon :)

(And Wizardry 6 and 7..)

jeff

HackModford said:

See I practically missed out on these old computers (I started gaming when I was 2 with the NES)
It may be better to hold back and wait to see if we get an emulation and/or gaming specific section added to the Pandora forum, first, in my humble opinion. :p

That said, may I recommend Chip's Challenge for the Atari ST? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
years ago, for the ST, I wrote up a random list of 'canon' on my blog (And for other systems.)

Wow, back 2006 era!

http://www.rjmitchell.ca/~jeff/blog2009/2006/02/16/retro-my-list-of-atari-st-canon-games-you-simply-must-try-before-you-can-call-yourself-a-nerd/

Take a look, though it might be overlong and unspecific/categorized. Theres some great websites with screenshots and such as well.

I did a 'game of thje week' for a month or two as well, so theres a few reviews of ST games here:

http://www.rjmitchell.ca/~jeff/blog2009/?s=gotw

jeff

Prometheus said:
HackModford said:

It may be better to hold back and wait to see if we get an emulation and/or gaming specific section added to the Pandora forum, first, in my humble opinion. :p

That said, may I recommend Chip's Challenge for the Atari ST? :p

I much prefer the Chip's Challenge Engine we got on the GP2X.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
Dungeon master flawed me back in the day. I must have been about 9 or 10 when my brother bought it and the extra memory that you had to install to even play it. I never actually completed it until about 6 years ago though, same as Uninvited, I could never crack that when I was a kid.

The Quest ... that game is very nice. I talked to the Devs to get them to port it for the Pandora or the Palm Pre.. but they won´t :(

I'd love to see this thread, actually .. there's nothing I would like more than a "Top-10 games for platform X" list to guide me in the exploration of the Emu scene .. I never had a full-blown Amiga experience (sold mine for a MIPS box back in the day) so I'd love to catch up on some of the classics .. I could do such a list for the Oric, for example .. had tons of stuff for that machine ..

I'm playing the quest right now, it's driving me nuts! You're expected to just know certain things like needing a high enough persuade skill to complete a quest, it's impossible without a guide

Back