What Is Your Worst Fear About The Pandora ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some orders might just have to be refunded and then reordered, we can handle it all via email if it does have to be done. It would not effect all orders.

It's a pain in the arse if it has to happen, but our bank has been just about as difficult as possible throughout this project. I'd like to write up a whole blog post about it all but I've been advised against it. More juicy material for the Pandora story when we get around to writing it.

So basically you are playing the infamous infocom game bureaucracy in real life :p

Speaking of which would there be a z machine interperter on ported to the pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
My biggest fear is not being able to develop anything due to the lack of a decently integrated compling environment (compier, libraries and emulator, i don't care about IDEs).

Pleng said:
craigix said:
...I'd like to write up a whole blog post about it all but I've been advised against it....

It concerns me slightly how seldom you appear to listen to advice, Craig!

If you've been advised not to say anything, why on earth do you go ahead and make little hints in the forum that there 'might' be problems with 'some' credit card orders? You're clearly going to get a load of people worked up.

I, personally, have every faith in your ability to deal with the situation. But, as confirmed by the fuss over the Paypal situation, a little bit of bad news is enough to cause a huge amount of fuss and negative feeling. And that was even when all the information on the issue was readily available.

Alas for a small company like ours who have no loans or debts banks just are not interested in us - well most banks...

Plus, do you think we would do something like move banks without giving you guys some kind of reward for the fuss? Maybe 2 rewards? Like... oh... I dunno... something not available 5 months ago? using even more bleeding edge tech... tech which has just become available in the last 6 weeks? Maybe Baby.

Silver lining in everything.

craigix said:
Pleng said:
craigix said:
...I'd like to write up a whole blog post about it all but I've been advised against it....

If you've been advised not to say anything, why on earth do you go ahead and make little hints in the forum that there 'might' be problems with 'some' credit card orders? You're clearly going to get a load of people worked up.

I, personally, have every faith in your ability to deal with the situation. But, as confirmed by the fuss over the Paypal situation, a little bit of bad news is enough to cause a huge amount of fuss and negative feeling. And that was even when all the information on the issue was readily available.

Alas for a small company like ours who have no loans or debts banks just are not interested in us - well most banks...

Plus, do you think we would do something like move banks without giving you guys some kind of reward for the fuss? Maybe 2 rewards? Like... oh... I dunno... something not available 5 months ago? using even more bleeding edge tech... tech which has just become available in the last 6 weeks? Maybe Baby.

Tell us more!

A newer processor? Secret expanding blu-ray drive? Multitouch?

war on specifics ;)

175_RecentWars.gif

:p ;)

mazza558 said:
craigix said:
Pleng said:
craigix said:

Tell us more!

A newer processor? Secret expanding blu-ray drive? Multitouch?

maybe it comes with a heisenberg compensator.

Excuse me for my off topicness.. Ill get back to work :D

I can't think of anything which as only become available in that time. Multitouch was done ages ago. Wireless N was too.

(I'm just going to be speculating instead of getting work done now!)

Kloplop321 said:
that cartoon was just weird..

I already apologized for it... now back on topic

my fear would be not being able to use it at all, linux n00bness combined with lack of time = failure. However I hope it'll transport me back to my msx days when it all started to make sense :D sense that was lost when windows 95 arrived

mazza558 said:
I can't think of anything which as only become available in that time. Multitouch was done ages ago. Wireless N was too.

(I'm just going to be speculating instead of getting work done now!)

256 mb OMAP3 :ph34r:

It's got to be a new processor. It's the new top-secret (well, not really) Cortex that TI mentioned a while ago.

Correct?

Bosbeetle said:
256 mb OMAP3 :ph34r:
Exactly. Maybe even OMAP4? (lol)

mazza558 said:
It's got to be a new processor. It's the new top-secret (well, not really) Cortex that TI mentioned a while ago.

Correct?
I think you should start with fuss. What fuss? No fuss. No reward ;)

mali said:
mazza558 said:

Correct?

I'm not fussing, just speculating.

mazza558 said:
mali said:
mazza558 said:

Correct?

I'm not fussing, just speculating.

No, that's not what I meant :)
Maybe it's some kind of failed irony ;)

Hrm... A WiMAX module? But I think that wouldn't be that useful...
USB 3?
Gigahertz OMAP? (! xD)
Terahertz OMAP!
OpenGL 2.0 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back