What Just Happened To My Keyboard?

goldenegg

I've been using my Pandora most of the day and it suddenly started acting up. Each key on the keyboard, including the directional pad and buttons, are acting up.

This is going to be hard to explain, so please bear with me. Each key now performs two actions. For example, pressing 'B' will act as the left cursor the first time it's pressed and it will be 'B' the second time it's pressed. Each key now has this double behavior, making it pretty much impossible to use. Even in minimenu, I need to press the directions on the control pad twice to make a single move, since the first press is treated as a completely different function.

Any idea what could have caused this??? I'm running HF5 RC1 and am about to reflash.

I've never heard of this, but you might want to report it in the relevant Hotfix 5 thread if you haven't done so already - I would guess that there's the possibility that it may be a bug.

Prometheus said:
I've never heard of this, but you might want to report it in the relevant Hotfix 5 thread if you haven't done so already - I would guess that there's the possibility that it may be a bug.

If a re-flash fixes the problem, I'll definitely do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebooting didn't help (it was the first thing I tried). Re-flashing did. Very strange issue. I'll report in the other thread.

torpor said:
Was numlock on?

Do you mean Fn Lock? Either way, no it wasn't on. Even if it was, this is not the behaviour you'd get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tracked down this problem to be caused by one of the packages I'm installing on my Pandora for dev purposes. I don't know which one is causing the problem, but here's the script I use to install all the packages.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
sudo opkg update
sudo opkg install gcc gcc-symlinks make binutils-dev cpp cpp-symlinks g++ g++-symlinks libstdc++-dev automake autoconf gtk+-1.2-dev gtk+-dev
sudo opkg install libsdl-1.2-dev libsdl-image-1.2-dev libsdl-gfx-dev libsdl-net-1.2-dev libsdl-ttf-2.0-dev libgles-omap3-dev libgtk-2.0 pkgconfig xserver-xorg-dev python-zlib

Any ideas which of the above packages could be causing keyboard issues?

Back