What Should The Sd Card Be Formatted To?

RobertJ

Certified Guru
I've tried formatting my SD card via the USB from XP for both FAT and FAT32, both of which let me transfer files fine, but the GP2X won't read them, so it may as well be blank.

Those of you who got it working, (specially those using *nix), did you use a card reader or via USB? And what filesystem did you format it as?

FAT32 is normally the one to go for, but make sure you unmount the sd before powering down the gp2x if your writing via the usb cable that comes with it.

Getting rather annoyed at this now. Unmounting has no effect, as I say the data is entirely readable over USB in XP. It just seems invisible to the GP2X menus.

:/

I know Yuglooc solved the same problem by formatting with a card reader.

i've had a few strange circumstances where my gp2x wont boot after a format of a card. But if i take out the sd card and put it in once the menu has come up it reads it fine etc.

Unfortunately my card reader doesn't support 1gb SD cards. So USB is the only way I can access it at present, and I'm guessing there is a problem with the firmware here.

Okay, bought an SD card reader that takes my 1gb card, and got it to work.

Seems the USB connection is buggy, as it works fine over USB, but neither the GP2X or XP with a card reader can decipher the resulting format.

I can confirm what Robert had.
Also the same here:
Windows can read and write to the card via USB and gp2x.
But gp2x does not see anything.
Even formatting in Linux did not solve the problem.
Also write speeds are super slow (80-160KB/s).

Back