What single player game have you sunk the most time into..

I put quite a lot of time into Lemmings 3D (Lemmings 4), too, come to think of it...

I never liked Lemmings 2: The Tribes as much (I feel that it's too overcomplicated compared to 1, 3, and 4), but I've recently been getting into The Lemmings Chronicles/All New World of Lemmings (Lemmings 3), and I can see myself putting a lot of time into that, as well - it's full of genius moments that remind me of the first game much more than the second. I cannot understand why Lemmings 3 is such a divisive game.

I agee. I bought Lemmings 'The Tribes' for my Amiga and whilst it looked lovely I never really got into it. Too much new stuff all at once which didn't really add a great deal....plus no two-player mode!

^ While I've got your ear on Lemmings-related matters, you wouldn't mind checking out this thread of mine, would you, Mr. Miner? :p

Anyhow, if you didn't like Lemmings 2 too much, do give Lemmings 3 (All New World of Lemmings, here, or The Lemmings Chronicles in North America; I prefer the latter name, myself, as it fits the game better) a look. It does add and change some things, but it's *much* more in the spirit of the original game, plus you have a bit more control over what the lemmings are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to say, I spent a lot of time on Syndicate back in the day. I wrung Baldur's Gate 2 for all it was worth, not sure how many hours that took though. It may well be Star Control 2 in the end.

The Elite series for me. I started on the C64 Elite at a friends house (I was about 11 years old, and there was no trs-80 elite so I couldn't play at home). Eventually I got an Amiga and played a ton of Elite and Elite 2 Frontier. Years later I was on Elite 3 First Encounter on pc, but I didn't like it as much.

I've probably spent a lot of time in Xcom 1 & 2 as well. I've got Terror From The Deep running in the background right now. :)

Back