What type of Rechargeables to use?

reg_reagan233

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
My GP32 is on the way and I was wondering what rechargeable batteries are the best to use.

I know that NiMH batteries are better rechargeables to use but I'm not sure what mAH is or what it stands for or if it's the wrong type will it damage my gp32.

So is there a mAH lever that I should user, for example 2200mAH or doesn't it matter. Also does it matter what voltage they are?

Thanks.

The absolute best are nimh rechargeables that have 2300mah.

Mah is the rated amount of "fuel" each battery has, or how long they can last.

while 2300mah is the best, they are rare, and are only made by three companies, such as lenmar....etc.

2200mah is great as well, so if you can get them easily.....I would.

the ones I have are 2000mah, and they last about 10-12 hours based on a non flu version.

DSR

I use these white Duracell rechargables. They're a 'mere' 1800 mAh, but you get four of them, so if your GP32 runs out of juice, just swap and play on.

The exact writing on the rechargable is:

AA/HR6/DC1500
NiMH/1,2V/1800 mAh

Hope this helps. :)

MaH is milli amp hours that is how much power it can give out in an hour

1000Mah is 1000milliamps (or 1 amp) per hour
2000MaH is 2000 milliamps (or 2 amps) per hour etc

so if your device pulls say 500 milliamps then a 2000MaH battery will run it for 4 hours (2000/500 = 4)

if your device only pulls 200 milliamps the same battery will run it for 10 hours etc

so the higher the MaH of the battery the better.
the most powerful rechargables on the market at the moment are the NiMH (Nickel metal hydride) ones.

the only considerations are that you have a decent NiMh charger (a standard ni-cad one wont charge them properly) and that the bigger the battery capacity the logner it will take to charge it fully.

i currently use 1800mah batteries but am shortly getting some 2300 batteries.

i must put a meter on my GP32 some time and se exactly how much it does pull

with and without the FLU

anyone done this ?

Glen

Back