What would people prefer...?

Which project catches your interest?

• PCSX2 Remote Client

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Sticks of Styx Dungeon Crawler

Votes: 26 74.3%

• Total voters

I flippin' love dungeon crawlers. Even more so if there's a lot of customization/personalization options and a third dimension.

Plus, it's original. So just to shove it to the people chanting "no/too little original software for pandora" I'd choose Sticks of Styx.

I'm all on fire for this one.

Questions:

What would the character move like, freely or in tile-by-tile steps?

or: Would it be realtime or round-based?

What would be the perspective, ego or 3rd person?

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely like the idea of the dungeon crawler. Especially the customization part. I can't wait to make my own Frankenstein Monster. Would nonhuman enemies also be stick figures? Because having bear arms would be awesome.

It would be 3rd Person / Bird-View with free movement.

About how they would move, from a graphical point of view, the body parts would be static with no link to the other body parts besides placement in 3D-space.

The "animations" would be done by merely rotating / moving body parts in 3D-space, this type of 3D animation has been used in games like Shining Lore (watch gameplay movies on Youtube, etc. if you are curious).

I am however far from knowledgable in OpenGLES, so I will need some time to work myself into this and hope to find plenty of information on the Development Subforums eventually.

Personally, I don't see the point of the remote client. WiFi is not ubiquitous enough to be able to play on-the-go and when I am in the house then I would utilize my pc instead.

The second option sounds great and gets my vote.

Alright, it's pretty clear by now what you guys want, so I might aswell start coding now and creating a test-animator & character-class to work out animations for the start... :D

About game extendability, for the body parts I will use normal .obj files, the rigging will be hardcoded and animations will be stored in its own custom file format, for simplicity, as I don't quite know a animation format that could be used in this case, this, in combination with a dungeon creator (eventually), should provide enough room for exchanging / building custom missions, share them online and maybe, just maybe, turning this game into the #1 pandora online multiplayer title.

Back