What's it officially going to be called?

aftermath-entertainment-300x232.jpg

How about "Pandora Giggle" like in "Gigaherz game-laptop-experience" and because it pleases a retro-gamer so much that he/she might giggle out of joy and happiness.

Actually my first thought was "GigChick", as in German I call the device "die Pandora", which is female. Maybe not everyone likes the idea of calling it a "chick", though.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a side question, what will be the model number on the battery compartment sticker? 1003?

(Got curious about this after receiving my silver '1002' Pandora today.)

^

Doesn't that make you the 1002nd ReBirth Unit?

My hope is ED has different stickers for new 1GHz Pandora, otherwise things could get tricky for those of us doing repairs having a few dozen units laying around.

Global Components had a small white sticker on the PCBs for the 1GHz units, because there was no way of differentiating those from the old OMAP thanks to the SOC.

Link said:
My hope is ED has different stickers for new 1GHz Pandora, otherwise things could get tricky for those of us doing repairs having a few dozen units laying around.

Isn't the board labeled with "Pandora REV X"?

Anyway I vote for Pandora 1.5

Yes, the boards are labelled, but the processors are indistinguishable once the RAM is added IIRC. So telling between a OMAP 3530 & DM3730 is not possible.

Next weekend the 1Ghz unit will go 'official' and launch via the new website.

So will we be seeing the new site this weekend?

Yes, well, probably, we don't want another 'preorder hell' on these so we might hold off a little more, or at least until we know it's fewer than 4 weeks until they are ready to ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about "Pandora Giggle" like in "Gigaherz game-laptop-experience" and because it pleases a retro-gamer so much that he/she might giggle out of joy and happiness.

This one gets my vote... That is some serious nerd humor :D

Otherwise how about the Pandora Giggity (preferably also with some kickass acronym as Lomaxx's)

I like the name Pandora 1G. When is this new site going to be ready. I also hear that this new system is going to have a new case. What is that going to look like?

Back