Whats the best NES emulator?

minishino

Still Fresh
Wonder if you could tell me which is the best one to go for. Im not too bothered about sound, mainly accurate speed.

Thanks in advance. :)

@beebul

That's always a matter of personal taste.

I liked the NES very much but I was still surprised how many good games there were for it,
after I started to play them again on my GP32.

There are several wildly loved series like Mario, Megaman, Double Dragon, Castlevania, or
Zelda. And loads of other great games, like Metroid, Kid Icarus, River City Ransom... The
list is endless... I think that the NES did much better withstand the ravages of time than
the SMS did.

Nes emu... personally, I prefer Infones, for its ability to save (lacked on fNES32) and some form of sound (again, not there on fNES). Albeit the ability to turn sound off since it ain't exactly what you'd call beautiful yet would be nice, but nonetheless.
Try both, although its really a matter of which you prefer since they're both based around the same source. What fNES32 has the Infones doesn't, though, is the ability to fiddle with frameskip. Which is very useful, since neither are at full speed yet.

Excitebike, all the Super Mario Brothers games, Star Wars, Tetris ... my NES list of favorite games is quite long.

As far as the emulators go, get adventurous! They're all free to download, and you might find you like one over the other.

Flack

Back