Whats Up With Gp2x Website

wipeout2000

Website
Visit site
OK so after about a month or two of obsessing my psp i got tired of it so I finally decided to go back to gp2x. Im dying to try the newly updated emulators, but I'm a little disappointed at the gp2x website. It seems that they are doing a bad job of answering peoples questions. Maybe craigx would know something about this?

I think that a lot of the members are just frustrated over noobies that will not read the “Read me” files nor will they search the site for answers to their problems. It is so easy just to make a post and expect someone else to do all that work for them. I don’t mean that in any bad way. It is just human nature. No one reads manuals or handbooks to anything that they buy. The GP2X takes a little work so that it can be enjoyed. I don’t think a lot of the noobies are expecting that, especially after owning and using plug and play systems. I don’t think they realized that they purchased a handheld that is a portable computer. The noobies are frustrated and the members are frustrated.

After owning a GP32, I myself, was prepared for the GP2X. I spent a lot of time reading and searching out the site learning all the problems and finding all the info that I could find before my GP2X arrived. I knew what I wanted to do with my system before it arrived. I had the Neo Geo emu up and going within an hour after I had my GP2X. And I owe it all to reading the “read me” and the searching that I did on this site and the great info that was there to be found! And that great info was put there by the members! For which I am thankful!

Even if you put a link on the main page of this site in big letters "For Beginners." And had all the info there in one place, you would still have a lot of people to make posts asking for help.

I'm not really sure what you mean, but I know anna used to answer the questions but she left gph, so i guess there isn't anyone there to answer them anymore.

Paradox posted on Sep 23 2006 at 04:21 PM said:
you wonder why GPH dont post with idiots like this ? http://gp2x.com/support/support_view.asp?b...chk=&direc=
He's right, in all honesty, I wondered a lot about that banner too. :-\

craigix posted on Sep 23 2006 at 05:41 PM said:
I'm not really sure what you mean, but I know anna used to answer the questions but she left gph, so i guess there isn't anyone there to answer them anymore.
Whoa Anna left? Wasn't she worshiped by some blokes around here, why ain't they crying?

As for what he means, I think about the lack of updates on both gp2x.com and gp2x.co.uk. Both sites seem to be dead, a couple of updates once in a while would be good for business.

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait ...

Craigx you mean Anna left GPH? Did she left a while ago and were they any reasons? I hope it is not because of something bad going on there 8-(. She seems to be only one talking/writing about GPH on the English side, this is really a loss for the communauty 8-(. In the past I saw her amswer many questions that people were asking on the board there and also seem to try to help people when they got some trouble with their machine/purchase.

Well I wish her luck in her new endevor.

Anna you will be miss!

Intruder posted on Sep 24 2006 at 01:50 AM said:
Craigx you mean Anna left GPH? Did she left a while ago and were they any reasons? I hope it is not because of something bad going on there 8-(. She seems to be only one talking/writing about GPH on the English side, this is really a loss for the communauty 8-(.

Well, there are quite a bunch of English speakers now. How do you think I communicated with them a while ago when we shared the same appartment? ;)

As for Anna: I know she always wanted to go to Europe.
(I know girls in Korea don't have chances getting a GOOD job, in Europe, it's much better). Her sister already works in Europe for a while. And I know she met someone a while ago... from Germany (no, not me). Won't tell you more, as that's private life.

Last edited:
Paradox posted on Sep 23 2006 at 03:21 PM said:
you wonder why GPH dont post with idiots like this ? http://gp2x.com/support/support_view.asp?b...chk=&direc=

That idiot would be me, now before I get flamed by the gp32x community, my idiotic intension was to see if I would be banned or warned by someone to see if the bulletin boards is being watch by someone.But nothing happened, so my conclusion is Anna is either gone or on vacation. I even made an apology about it.

ED:

Ahh ok they are other english speaking folks? From what ive seend in the past I though it was only Anna that speak english and that was updating the site. Since if you look now nobody answer in the support section nor update any of the news/content of the website, so I though maybe Anna was the only one who could do the english thing around.

Ohh share same appartment when they came down to the GC in Germany ;-) and I guess that will be your appartment hehehe! Well if not they are still the sign language that how sometime I communicate with my mother in law when my wife aint around (shes chinese).

That ok, but it is good to hear that she have some great opportunity in her live. So we can just wish her success in both work and love ;-). Hehehe but maybe you know that person and maybe hes one of us around here in the communauty ;-).

I think we are getting close to the point of being able to abandon gph in terms of firmwares and only relying on them for future hardware. It is now possible to compile the firmware from the sources they have provided via our open2x team :)

I guess it would be cool to have updates but I have patience and there aren't too many things that they can add that we as a community cannot piece together.

I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of sign of life once and a while though, just to know they are still around and kickin.

Well I guess ill just wait until the contest ends to see if they come back alive.

I think we are getting close to the point of being able to abandon gph in terms of firmwares and only relying on them for future hardware. It is now possible to compile the firmware from the sources they have provided via our open2x team

I think it would be awesome if you guys improved the firmware :D. Maybe better music and video features?? I'm sure you can do a better job than GPH. They were always focused on so many different things.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about software that much.
It has been proven many times that OpenSource homebrew stuff is mostly always better than the original software.

I use MP2x as a movieplayer, GMenu2x as a menu... I barely use anything from the original gp2x firmware except U-Boot and the Kernel ;)
I also use a (soon-to-be-released) File Exlplorer which is much much better than the original one (at the moment it's in private betatest).

So... why should I need updates from GPH? I'm sure a better MP3 player will be out sometime with more features, etc.

EvilDragon posted on Sep 24 2006 at 08:39 AM said:
Personally, I wouldn't worry about software that much.
It has been proven many times that OpenSource homebrew stuff is mostly always better than the original software.

I use MP2x as a movieplayer, GMenu2x as a menu... I barely use anything from the original gp2x firmware except U-Boot and the Kernel ;)
I also use a (soon-to-be-released) File Exlplorer which is much much better than the original one (at the moment it's in private betatest).

So... why should I need updates from GPH? I'm sure a better MP3 player will be out sometime with more features, etc.
Oldplay does MP3's very well. Better then the official one, but its missing some things.

Hi!

Just got an eMail from Kyuatae at GPH:

"Thank you for reminding me regarding the bulletin board.
Nothing wrong.
We were very busy following up things.

I did some reply to the questions.
New lady will join soon to take over order processing and bulletin board.
In the mean time, I will take care of it."

So, as said, they're just looking for someone new to post at the bulletin board.

EvilDragon posted on Sep 25 2006 at 10:36 AM said:
So, as said, they're just looking for someone new to post at the bulletin board.

How well does it pay? :lol:

So Anna has a sister? :D

- Alex

Alex. posted on Sep 25 2006 at 03:02 PM said:
So Anna has a sister? :D

Yes... and, as said, she's in Europe ;)

Last edited:
Back