whats your favorite anime?

Rattboi posted on Dec 29 2003 at 04:16 PM said:
Cowboy Bebop is really good, and for some reason I have a thing for Iria: Zeram the Animation. I really really like Ranma 1/2, for some strange reason. I just think it's really funny. Good stuff, but not too much. Anime freaks are annoying.
The movie for the Zieram Project is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboy Beebop is another great one indeed. the animation and CG are phenominal! The story is also very unique and narrated very nicely, and the movie was preety good.

Escaflowne was cool too, the movie was beautifully animated and was just plain awsome!

blipped4 posted on Dec 30 2003 at 03:12 AM said:
Hey i mean dont you like anime because you havent seen much or is there another reason?Its a discussion group lets talk.
I've personally sat down and watched a few different animes but i can never really get into them. The only one which was slightly interesting was akira.

My favorite anime is
Jin Roh - The Wolf Brigade

Just wondering why nobody said this. Don't u know it, or didn't u watch it yet?
If it's the second i would recommend u to try it. :D
Very good.

I'm most into the emotionaly intense and "I'm trying to do the right thing" type so I like best:

Kenshin Yeah!! rpgchocobo it is really something. and the OVAs too. I'm amazed that so many people don't get(as in understand) this series, the dialogs are so deep and brilliant, and the relations between characters so developped.

Trigun it gets deaper and better to the very end. And I though at first "look at that, another absurdly funny anime"(nothing wrong with that) I was soooo wrong, this series has it all humour and drama to the max

Naruto a little on the light side but more intense then most

All the above, call me emotional, brought tears to my eyes. :D

Goldenboy this one surprised me also. I though at first it would be like Love Hina or something but it manages to be very deep with a great sense of honor and a will to do the right thing, while being very funny and sexualy oriented.

Less in the genre but great:
Cowboy Bebop a graphicaly and musicaly masterpiece. I found that the plot let you down a little near the end but still a joyride for the most part.

Like also:
Wolf's Rain
Hellsing (mostly because there are undeads and you gotta like undeads)
.Hack (mostly because I dream everyday I could live in a fantasy RPG :D )

bringoutthegimp:

I never I repeat NEVER watch a dubbed anime. Sure subtitles are harder but it keeps the voices and emotions intact and the story mostly intact. I like most fan subs they are the best.

For the storylines, watch a couple I mentioned in my post. They have better storylines than most american movies. Jin Roh - The Wolf Brigade maybe you would like as it is serious and actual.

I think they are for small children

Well that is the typical, uninformed, north american opinion(not restricted to north america :)). You see, in Japan and other countries, animations are a media just like movies. So they have all the themes adult(sexually oriented or not), comedy, drama, science fiction, fantasy. You just have to choose one to your liking.

You could try Animatrix, if you are into the Matrix.(we are all INTO the matrix of course) You'll tell me if it is for small children.

bringoutthegimp posted on Dec 30 2003 at 01:51 PM said:
imo anime sucks. The storylines and voice acting are poor and personally I think they are for small children
If you watch anime with english voices you are a fool. They do suck and that´s not how it was meant to be watched.
Original japanese with subtitles is the way!

kraahl posted on Dec 30 2003 at 02:29 PM said:
Original japanese with subtitles is the way!
anyone who likes foreign cinema should realise that subtitled is the only way.

I've recommended films to my hollywood loving co-workers but the general response is that they can't handle reading subtitles....

(these are the same folks who don't read books) :rolleyes:

Well, ive never been into anime that much. I do appreciate the work put into it, but there are just two many, too far along to follow now.

But , lately, i have been getting into Sonic X, the jap one. Ive always loved sonic, and to see him back on the tv, just makes me excited to see the next episode.

The Moose posted on Dec 30 2003 at 04:37 PM said:
Well, ive never been into anime that much. I do appreciate the work put into it, but there are just two many, too far along to follow now.

But , lately, i have been getting into Sonic X, the jap one. Ive always loved sonic, and to see him back on the tv, just makes me excited to see the next episode.
Yeah I've got 12 episodes of Sonic X on DVD, it's pretty good. As for the Animatrix, I thought it was better than any of the films, ok maybe not the first one.

bringoutthegimp posted on Dec 30 2003 at 05:56 PM said:
the third matrix was unbelievable, theres no way that the animatrix is better than that
Revolutions sucked majorly. When I first heard news of reloaded, I knew the Matrix was screwed.

i do agree that the first was the best, the second one sucked testicles, but the third one was great, the fight scene with the mechs and the octopus creatures was the best bit i think. Changing the oracle was pointless though because the new oracle was a spaz

Back