What's your favourite emulator ?

What's your favourite emulator for GP32 ?

• Castaway (Atari ST)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GPEngine (PC Engine)

• Frodo (C-64)

• SMS32 (Sega Master System / Gamegear)

• fMSX32 (MSX 1/2)

• GPVGB (Gameboy / Gameboy Color)

• SNES9X (Super Nintendo)

• GP32 VCS32 (Atari 2600)

• fNES32 (Nintendo NES)

• other

• Total voters

Bungholio

Still Fresh
I'm curious to know which emu you guys like best. Sorry, the poll only allows 10 choices so I wasn't able to include all emus. If your favourite emu is not listed please choose "other" instead and post your choice here. For me the choice is clear: I really love Castaway, although I never owned an Atari ST (used to have an Amiga back in the old days).

GPEngine - it's The Ultimate Emulator for me so far. I hope some of the new ones will be able to compete with it.

GPengine ALMOST had my vote, but as theres no save i find myself seldomly using it :( its the case with most of the others too (including the fantastic Frodo :(), except SMS, which is ok (wish it was savestate tho

For me a good emu MUST have savestate (sorry but i just dont have the time to play over the same sections over and over again anymore like i used to), but its something sorely lacking in all GP32 emus which is disapointing. Proper save in game save i can live with, but would only play games that support it.

So yeah, Castaway got my vote :p

racingclub posted on May 14 2003 said:
tough one between Castaway & GPEngine - both gr8 emulators!! :)

I also like the regular Castaway updates - makes you care more?
Yeah, for me the final decision was also between Castaway and GPEngine. I finally decided for Castaway because of the following reasons:

1) In my opinion the most impressive emulator (never thought it would be possible to emulate the ST in near full speed with sound)
2) I like the ST games more than the PC Engine stuff. Most of my favourite teenage games I used to play on the Amiga are also available for the ST.
3) I love the way skeezix develops his emulator. From the very first version everybody on the boards could get involved in the development by making suggestions and giving feedback. I have never seen an emulator develop at such a fast pace ! No week goes by without at least one new update. Just when you think it can't get any better, skeezix proves you wrong with the next version. Thank you skeezix for porting such a great piece of software !! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back