Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
It's called Off Topic Discussion for a reason, fagnold!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's more the fact that others make meaningless polls on a daily basis and people find it "amusing".

Also, this is off topic; we don't need V-Chip keeping the place rated G.

I for one thought it was kinda funny, Its not really like we have much else going on here.
Its not like we have a ton going on here.

lolz at people who think that they're entitled to say whatever stupid and offensive things they want on a message board...

daclassicgamingmaster said:
Also, this is off topic; we don't need V-Chip keeping the place rated G.
No.

gangsta.jpg

NOW it's rated 'G'

Exophase said:
lolz at people who think that they're entitled to say whatever stupid and offensive things they want on a message board...
wat is lolz
also-mcmmuffin? really?
no chicken biscuit fans in da haus?

For it to count as "speech", you have to actually say something. It's not speech if you're just typing because you enjoy the clicky sound your keyboard makes. There are a nearly unlimited number of forums on the internet where insulting juvenile nonsense is not only allowed, but expected. If you really feel the need to clutter up a forum with gibberish, go to one of them.

This forum has always been considered more intelligent and mature than most other gaming sites, and I intend to keep it that way.

Chip said:
This forum has always been considered more intelligent and mature than most other gaming sites, and I intend to keep it that way.
After reading a lot of those forums where trolling and immature, self-centered, narrow minded thinking is the norm all I can say is..

Thank you *_*

Exophase said:
Haha yeah, like "you suck". Don't be a hypocrite :)

I'm not being a hypocrite. I'll only tell a person "you suck" if he keeps making pointless, obnoxious, arrogant posts, as the case were. And lo and behold, it did a pretty good job getting him to realize it. That's hardly on the same level as making those threads myself.

By the way, you suck too.

Exophase said:
Exophase said:
Haha yeah, like "you suck". Don't be a hypocrite :)

I'm not being a hypocrite. I'll only tell a person "you suck" if he keeps making pointless, obnoxious, arrogant posts, as the case were. And lo and behold, it did a pretty good job getting him to realize it. That's hardly on the same level as making those threads myself.

By the way, you suck too.

Thanks, but unlike that other kid, I actually couldn't care less what you think of me :)

Oh, and the right thing to do it report them, not jump into the action yourself. Don't feed the troll, as it were.

Oh, and the right thing to do it report them, not jump into the action yourself. Don't feed the troll, as it were.
Just because someone is doing something that you don't like on the internet it doesn't make that person a troll, much less does it make any kind of response "feeding" him. Go learn what a troll is, because jakshep was not trolling.

And considering that you personally insulted the guy several times afterwards (whereas I took back mine when he apologized) are you sure you want to tell me what I am supposed to be doing? Who made you a moderator anyway? And who were you calling a hypocrite?

Exophase said:
Just because someone is doing something that you don't like on the internet it doesn't make that person a troll, much less does it make any kind of response "feeding" him. Go learn what a troll is, because jakshep was not trolling.

And considering that you personally insulted the guy several times afterwards (whereas I took back mine when he apologized) are you sure you want to tell me what I am supposed to be doing? Who made you a moderator anyway? And who were you calling a hypocrite?

I never said I was a model member, because I'm not. It doesn't matter if you make a thread or not, you still shouldn't be preaching against "offensive" posts when you tell someone they suck.

This is under any circumstance.

And just for the record, I have been constantly saying that the stupid threads and polls being created on a daily basis should be stopped. I never mentioned anything about saying whatever you feel; what I did mention, however, is that this place is suddenly being edited for "bad" words. It was never this way, so what happened?

I never said I was a model member, because I'm not. It doesn't matter if you make a thread or not, you still shouldn't be preaching against "offensive" posts when you tell someone they suck.
Yeah, looks like my post showing my irritation with stupid and offensive things going on around here struck a nerve with you and you felt like showing that I was on the same level as the people I was speaking out against.

Except you know what, telling someone who keeps posting annoying things trying to be funny that he sucks is quite a lot different than arbitrarily starting threads calling people gay.

He needed to be told that. And his response showed this.

I'm sorry if you can't distinguish between these two things, does it help you to see more what I was talking about in the comment that I myself made?

This is under any circumstance.
Sorry but no. I don't agree with you. That's a very superficial way of looking at things.

And just for the record, I have been constantly saying that the stupid threads and polls being created on a daily basis should be stopped. I never mentioned anything about saying whatever you feel; what I did mention, however, is that this place is suddenly being edited for "bad" words. It was never this way, so what happened?
Yeah, some protest you've made, YOUR response to that thread was "ahahahahahaha", then follow-up defending the guy for it.

Here's another clarification for you because you seem to lump all kinds of things together in that brain of yours: that post wasn't edited because it used a "bad word", it was edited because it was inappropriate. It wasn't used to properly emphasize something or show strong feeling, it was totally arbitrary and rude. Maybe you can give me an example of some other trolling thread that didn't get knocked down.

Wait, there was another thread? I thought we were only talking about his poll asking who we all are....

Edit: I was unaware of the thread insinuating that someone is gay...

what I did mention, however, is that this place is suddenly being edited for "bad" words. It was never this way, so what happened?
Search the forums for the four letter word of your choice - they abound. I use them myself when it's appropriate. But when somebody starts a meaningless thread and uses profanity just for the sake of using it, then it's going to get edited. It's obnoxious and unnecessary, and it's trolling by anybody's definition. There's no place for that kind of childishness here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back