When Is The Cut-off For Doing A Bank Transfer?

jdh2550

I don't really want to do a bank transfer, but then again, I do really want a pandora as soon as possible (I have received my refund and was hoping to be able to re-order by CC).

So, I will do a transfer - probably via tranzfers.com

1) When is the last date I can do a bank transfer and still get my pandora from the first batch?
2) How much should I tranzfer?
The refund amount? Or the refund amount minus transfer fees (which will be $20 - $15 from my bank to tranzfer then $5 from tranzfer to pandora team account).

I haven't seen an actual date stated anywhere for the cutoff; not an official answer as to how much to transfer. Be gentle with me if it's out there somewhere - I looked but couldn't find it from Craig or Chip.

*sigh*
You haven't seen a date stated because there hasn't been one stated, other than the cutoff will be after the final final prototype is ready.

I asked openPandora in a mail ,when I just got my reorder mail (2 weeks after the first reorder mails) how much time I had to reorder. They told me there was no last date I could reorder. And I think that if you are really late it won't be a problem to get one of the second batch pandora's

jdh2550 said:
transfer fees (which will be $20 - $15 from my bank to tranzfer then $5 from tranzfer to pandora team account).
Why would you use tranzfer.com if you have to pay to transfer from your bank to tranzfer?
I had my bank wire the funds (U.S.A.) direct to Open Pandora Ltd.'s account, and the cost was $30.
You are spending $20, and are having to set up the rather intrusive account with tranzfer, which opens up your bank account to the outside world. I think the $10 difference is worth dealing direct with my bank.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get the feeling there will be no cut-off dates for bank transfer as they will not want to stop any funds coming into their business.

It's more likely that the bank transfers get their pandoras first - then the remaining ones from first batch either get consumed by people paying by CC when that gets resolved or resold as part of second batch.

Either way if you look at the transfers thread or the cc thread you can see there seems to be a lot of arguments for and against bank transfers depending on which side of the fence you sit on.

Personally I paid way back when pre-ordering begain as I had faith in the DEVS having previously purchased a GP32 and GP2X(pre-order) - some might argue that it was blind faith - I would say if you trust and believe - make the transfer

Back