When was the Pyra announced? How to define Official Announcement?

ekianjo

Hardcore Member
Last edited by a moderator:
If the hole were smaller than the outer disc, there would be no way to install it unless the thumb sticks were two-part screw designs... which are fragile and complicated to mold when done in plastic.
I didn't even think about that. o.o Thanks for pointing that out.

Dear God, I haven't been on this board in ages, and the moment I check back again you've literally just announced the Pandora2

l
It was actually announcef since late lastyear :)
The "Official" announcement was Feb, tho', wasn't it?

-God Ginrai

If the hole were smaller than the outer disc, there would be no way to install it unless the thumb sticks were two-part screw designs... which are fragile and complicated to mold when done in plastic.
I didn't even think about that. o.o Thanks for pointing that out.

Dear God, I haven't been on this board in ages, and the moment I check back again you've literally just announced the Pandora2

l
It was actually announcef since late lastyear :)
The "Official" announcement was Feb, tho', wasn't it?

-God Ginrai
No, mid-november last year. See Pandoralive : 

http://pandoralive.info/?p=2342

Confirmation of said plans is not the same thing as an official announcement.
Official announcement is when something is said publicly by someone official. I.e. ED here. That's exactly what happened. It does not matter if you do it on IRC, on a forum or anywhere else.  I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here. 

Official announcement is when something is said publicly by someone official. I.e. ED here. That's exactly what happened. It does not matter if you do it on IRC, on a forum or anywhere else.  I'm not sure what you are trying to argue here.
No, that's not true. An official announcement is a prepared statement announcing an idea/event/product, like EvilDragon's FOSDEM presentation.

You say you are not sure what I am trying to argue here, so let me point it out: takato14 was not wrong to say "just announced".

-God Ginrai

You say you are not sure what I am trying to argue here, so let me point it out: takato14 was not wrong to say "just announced".
Even if you considered the FOSDEM as the announcement (which I think is BS, for the reasons I stated above), that's already two months late and certainly would not fall into the definition of "just" announced.  

Lets break it down :

> Official : emanating from or attributable to a person in office; properly authorized.

ED is the person in office at DragonBox. Therefore all of his statements are official. 

> Announcement : a statement of information given over a public address system.

ED made the announcement not over a bunch a drinks in bar, but on the boards, hence a public address system. 

Therefore, Official Announcement. You don't need a press release and journalists and a FOSDEM public  to have an official announcement. 

That case looks quite nice! I hope the color is not final though, I'm not a big fan of baby blue.
Probably not final, in my experience such colors are used when doing development to highlight the 3D of the surfaces better (vs black for example). 

Even if you considered the FOSDEM as the announcement (which I think is BS, for the reasons I stated above), that's already two months late and certainly would not fall into the definition of "just" announced.
 Two months is rather soon considering the Pandora took Two Months™ to come out. People judge time on different scales; It is perfectly understandable that someone could see an announcement that happened two months ago as being "just announced".

Lets break it down :

> Official : emanating from or attributable to a person in office; properly authorized.

ED is the person in office at DragonBox. Therefore all of his statements are official. 

> Announcement : a statement of information given over a public address system.

ED made the announcement not over a bunch a drinks in bar, but on the boards, hence a public address system. 

Therefore, Official Announcement. You don't need a press release and journalists and a FOSDEM public  to have an official announcement.
An official announcement is the same thing as a formal announcement. (Official can also mean formal, and does mean such in business) Formal is defined as: of, according to, or following established or prescribed forms, conventions, etc.

EvilDragon's post on the forum back in November did not follow any established conventions for announcing new products. His FOSDEM presentation, however, did.

-God Ginrai

An official announcement is the same thing as a formal announcement. (Official can also mean formal, and does mean such in business) Formal is defined as: of, according to, or following established or prescribed forms, conventions, etc.
Nope, there's a bunch of "official announcements" in the age of the web that are just posts of forums. You see Game companies confirming officially the release of this title on that platform via forums, or interviews regularly, and they are widely regarded and declared as official as well.

Your definition of official announcement is very much 20th century, nowadays official announcements on twitter and social networks are more and more becoming the norm. 

Cut we could the "what is an announcement stuff" please?

Just doesn't make any sense and is not even slightly useful here...
Just trying to help defend a returning user's comment that basically received a "you're wrong, buddy" from ekianjo within 30 minutes of posting...

-God Ginrai

Oh gosh! This Ginirai guy is at it again! In almost every thread he is in he is causing at least one or two arguments. My goodness! I am blocking him right now. Someone has got to do something about this because it drives me nuts! and he kept attacking me over something so stupid once or twice before. This whole forum is just him trying to tell someone is wrong who is entitled to his own thoughts on the topic, and I feel ekianjo is the one who is the correct one. He is the one who started this topic for gosh sakes!

He is the one who started this topic for gosh sakes!
Nope he is not. ED started the initial topic. _WB_ splited this out.
Beside, while Ginrai is sometimes pissing, his point of view sometime offer an other interesting point of view. (OK here he is just being picky...)

Beside, while Ginrai is sometimes pissing, his point of view sometime offer an other interesting point of view. (OK here he is just being picky...)
Well if you say so. I, personally, can't stand it anymore, it seems more like he bugs the crap out of people. Normally when someone leans on one side, enough for them to post it, they aren't going to change their mind through an (mindless) argument. But that's just me. He kept bugging me about what DS meant on a nintendo DS and really no one cares. It's no wonder his profile only has two stars.

Thanks for the honest comment. :)

I'll admit I may be picky here, but honestly, I pointed out that FOSDEM was the official announcement (which is what I do consider as the "official" announcement) because I felt that your response to takato14's comment was not the warm "welcome back" that he deserved after being away from the community for what he deemed ages. :\ I am willing to drop this matter if that's what you want.

-God Ginrai

I felt that your response to takato14's comment was not the warm "welcome back" that he deserved after being away from the community for what he deemed ages
Did you notice the smiley at the back of my original message ? 

Plus, where did you see my message was agressive or something ? Seriously, man, you are reading between the lines.

I felt that your response to takato14's comment was not the warm "welcome back" that he deserved after being away from the community for what he deemed ages
 Did you notice the smiley at the back of my original message ?
I did. I know you didn't intend it to be a mean comment. It felt like one of those unintentionally cruel ones... you know what I mean?

-God Ginrai

No matter how I read my comment again and again, I still don't see even how it could be read as cruel. Maybe worth asking the concerned person what he thinks about it.
Well, I used cruel because the phrase used for such a situation is normally "unintentionally cruel", however I would think that in actuality it would just seem "unintentionally insensitive"?

But yes, obviously if takato14 was not offended, then all my posts here were an attempt at solving a problem that didn't exist. ;) I would be fine with that.

-God Ginrai

But yes, obviously if takato14 was not offended, then all my posts here were an attempt at solving a problem that didn't exist. ;) I would be fine with that.
I don't see how you could solve the problem of takato14 being offended by arguing about what is an announcement stuff.

Back