Where Are The Tv-Out Cables?!

God Ginrai said:
ahahah said:
@Craig, could you please personnaly answer something about the tv-cable shipping please?

You don't trust EvilDragon?

it doesn't answer what fusion-power mentionned: (here is the quote)
fusion_power said:
Craigix sayed, the cables are ready and this was 2009, the post was already mentioned. He sayed all the TV out cables are produced and laying into a chinese Warehouse ready to pick up. So it is actualy impossible that there are no TV-Cables.

so, goddinrai, you can understand that all this is not clear. some informations are contradictories.
it's for this reason i ask craig to tell a word about this tv-cable question.

Last edited by a moderator:
ahahah said:
God Ginrai said:
ahahah said:
@Craig, could you please personnaly answer something about the tv-cable shipping please?

You don't trust EvilDragon?

it doesn't answer what fusion-power mentionned: (here is the quote)
fusion_power said:
Craigix sayed, the cables are ready and this was 2009, the post was already mentioned. He sayed all the TV out cables are produced and laying into a chinese Warehouse ready to pick up. So it is actualy impossible that there are no TV-Cables.

so, goddinrai, you can understand that all this is not clear. some informations are contradictories.
it's for this reason i ask craig to tell a word about this tv-cable question.

It's like watching a season of LOST, then realising during the next season that almost everything you were told was misleading. There is at least one way to reconcile the apparent contradictions - the Chinese factory could, in theory, have made an entire batch of 10,000 TV-Out cables just as Craig said, but won't ship them to OpenPandora because OP have not paid for them, just as ED said.

OpenPandora seem to relish in not joining the dots up for us, but leaving us with puzzles to try and figure out. Possibly because they can't afford to do what they've promised - with craig saying that they may start taking second batch pre-orders next week (or the week after?) I'm speculating that they need at least second batch pre-order money to fund the accessories we've ordered.

Yes, I know that would contradict previous statements that they had paid for all the parts, but they've already contradicted that one.

Monk said:
OpenPandora seem to relish in not joining the dots up for us, but leaving us with puzzles to try and figure out. Possibly because they can't afford to do what they've promised - with craig saying that they may start taking second batch pre-orders next week (or the week after?) I'm speculating that they need at least second batch pre-order money to fund the accessories we've ordered.

Yes, I know that would contradict previous statements that they had paid for all the parts, but they've already contradicted that one.
Well, I'm not sure about the second batch pre-order money, but I have to agree that they (except maybe ED) do have a tendency to allow a lot of room for such questions and speculation. In their defense though, they're quite busy at work and don't have time to constantly monitor these boards.

WizardStan said:
I agree 100%.
Since the Pandora released the specs for its EXT cable and the parts can be obtained fairly cheaply, you obviously aren't talking about the Pandora, so I don't understand why you brought it up :p
Where one can obtain the connector part? It was said previously that it is quite hard to buy it in low quantities anywhere.

I have no or very low interest in current TV-out cable mainly because I really don't want to attach it to TV in the first place but the high price and feature bloat (=too many plugs, possibly too thick and heavy) plays some role too. OTOH I definitely want couple of EXT connectors for other purposes :)

fanoush said:
Where one can obtain the connector part? It was said previously that it is quite hard to buy it in low quantities anywhere.

I have no or very low interest in current TV-out cable mainly because I really don't want to attach it to TV in the first place but the high price and feature bloat (=too many plugs, possibly too thick and heavy) plays some role too. OTOH I definitely want couple of EXT connectors for other purposes :)
You can order them from here, there's just a 2 month(tm) lead time and a minimum $35 ($100 for international) order amount. The minimum order is total, not just on a single product, so if you want to purchase, you can add a bunch of other stuff.
Someone suggested a single person buying a couple hundred of them and distributing individually. The hope is that OPT becomes this "single person"

WizardStan: IIRC MWeston (or ED) mentioned this as possibility - their order some to stock and resell them. I like to order a few too. But I like some housing for cable and some kind of connector to PCB :-/

Back