Where Are The Tv-Out Cables?!

peca said:
BA: They need only "few" cables now. I guess about 2000, maybe 3000 - duno how many ordered. But if OPT let make 10000 then they must pay 10000 immediately and it will be lot of money.

About 500 ;)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
peca said:
BA: They need only "few" cables now. I guess about 2000, maybe 3000 - duno how many ordered. But if OPT let make 10000 then they must pay 10000 immediately and it will be lot of money.

About 500 ;)

so, get the soldering iron ready! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Proprietary interfaces suck.
There is not other way if You need bunch outputs on such small device.
But reality is, that Craig can clearly state that cables will be delayed and why. I know that if he say this, then there will be massive whining. But in this case customers can feel fooled.
EvilDragon said:
About 500 ;)
Hmm :-/
I planed buy TV cable later. I don't need it now but still want to have it. The same for Pandora polo-shirt and some other Pandora goods. But this can wait after my Pandora arrive.

But I know which end of soldering iron fits in hand so I can get soldered a few TV cables myself.

Hey, ED, just one question: How about this connectors and their housing, how much money and when their will be ready? I know You have other work to do, so I can wait. Just like some info :)

EvilDragon said:
peca said:

About 500 ;)

if you have a diagram Ed I can get a quote for you. good UK based supplier...

I can certainly make do if my TV-out cable isn't shipped right away with my Pandora...but it seems unfortunate for OP to waste money on separate shipping for just those x 500. I thought all parts were in the town hall. :(

SONY said:
Sphinxter said:

What are the disadvantages of the usual cables that all the Chinese PMPs use?

Well the Pandora cable actually has:
Composite (video)
Svideo (video)
Stereo audio out
Stereo Audio in

The cable for Chinese PMP are usually a jack with Compoisite + stereo audio out.

marshal said:
SONY said:
Sphinxter said:

What are the disadvantages of the usual cables that all the Chinese PMPs use?

Well the Pandora cable actually has:
Composite (video)
Svideo (video)
Stereo audio out
Stereo Audio in

The cable for Chinese PMP are usually a jack with Compoisite + stereo audio out.

Ah, ok. Pandora cables sound like quality ones. Cool~

Sphinxter said:

I thought there was a diagram posted somewhere detailing every pin. It's definitely not a proprietary interface, anyway. Unfortunately, that knowledge doesn't help anyone without the necessary skills to create a cable, myself included.

WoD said:
Sphinxter said:

I thought there was a diagram posted somewhere detailing every pin. It's definitely not a proprietary interface, anyway. Unfortunately, that knowledge doesn't help anyone without the necessary skills to create a cable, myself included.
This one?
cable_connector.png

14 Pins:
1 GND
1 Power
2 S-Video/Composite
2 Audio Out
2 Audio In
6 GPIOs, Default:
-4 Tx/Rx/Rts/Cts Serial 1
-2 Tx/Rx Serial 2

EDIT:
Too slow... :unsure:

marshal said:
parag0n said:
<EvilDragon> GodGinrai: Yeah, we need to discuss a bit more with the company. They want to produce 10.000 at once, which is crazy expensive. We were busy with so many other things before so we couldn't talk to them about that.
<EvilDragon> We will ship them later as soon as they are available.

Can we close the topic now so there isnt 20 pages of FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

They could have included a note explaining that cable are not ready yet.

There was a note on the bottom of my invoice that came with my panda saying that the tv-out cable will ship ASAP.

Mqark said:
marshal said:
parag0n said:
<EvilDragon> GodGinrai: Yeah, we need to discuss a bit more with the company. They want to produce 10.000 at once, which is crazy expensive. We were busy with so many other things before so we couldn't talk to them about that.

Can we close the topic now so there isnt 20 pages of FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

They could have included a note explaining that cable are not ready yet.

There was a note on the bottom of my invoice that came with my panda saying that the tv-out cable will ship ASAP.

Ok cool :)

I guess ASAP means "In 2 mouth". I am just kidding. I'll stop there.
It's really cool to see all those pandora shipping, tv cable or not.

God Ginrai said:
Asmo said:
wrath of khan said:
I remember craig saying that they had the tv-out cables already.there is a pic somewhere.

What was said:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php...r-is-now-done/page__view__findpost__p__747324

The photo of the cable, unless another surfaced since, was of one of the samples.

But it was also said, IIRC, that they had the TV-out cables produced and sitting in a warehouse in China waiting to be shipped along with the keymats.

-God Ginrai

Craig had since twittered, in response to cries of "But have you got ALL the parts?":

I'm happy with the cases and all the parts are here. Now it's going to take a weekend to just organise all this kit. (still no gp32x here)

apparently that meant all the parts except the parts that aren't there.

Monk said:
Craig had since twittered, in response to cries of "But ahve you got ALL the parts?":

I'm happy with the cases and all the parts are here. Now it's going to take a weekend to just organise all this kit. (still no gp32x here)

apparently that meant all the parts except the parts that aren't there.
I'd consider "the parts" to mean all the components to assemble Pandora(s/i/e/whatever-that-plural-topic-also-had), and things like the TV-out to be peripherals. It's still a bit of a shame that we're still waiting on them, but I doubt anyone here would want their whole order delayed for this, when we finally have the machines being built now. I wouldn't be too surprised if the TV-out cables were ready by the time the last of the 4000 were built.

Sphinxter said:
I agree 100%.
Since the Pandora released the specs for its EXT cable and the parts can be obtained fairly cheaply, you obviously aren't talking about the Pandora, so I don't understand why you brought it up :p

@craig, could you please personnaly answer something about the tv-cable shipping please?

fusion_power said:
parag0n said:
Where was the source of this?

Craigix sayed, the cables are ready and this was 2009, the post was already mentioned. He sayed all the TV out cables are produced and laying into a chinese Warehouse ready to pick up. So it is actualy impossible that there are no TV-Cables. Paradoxon?
I've ordered a cable, I want one on the day my pandora ships, no compromises.

Easy enough - Let them know your order number and that you want your console delayed as long as it takes to have the TV out cables ready to ship with it.

The rest of us will just move one place up in line for the time being just so you're satisfied when yours ships. :rolleyes:

Warpshade said:
I'd consider "the parts" to mean all the components to assemble Pandora(s/i/e/whatever-that-plural-topic-also-had), and things like the TV-out to be peripherals.

But when said in the context of forum goers asking whether the cases were good and whether all the other parts, like TV-Out cables and carry cases, were also available his response was...suggestive.

IMHO.

God Ginrai said:
ahahah said:
@Craig, could you please personnaly answer something about the tv-cable shipping please?

You don't trust EvilDragon?

-God Ginrai

There is a small but significant history of EvilDragon statements later being called "rumour" when contradicted by other team members, which has dented his credibility a little.

Back