Where Do I Put The Roms In Gpfce?

puppydee

Linux Virgin!
Website
Visit site
Can anyone tell me where to put the roms for GPFCE? I've tried making a roms folder in gpfce on the sd card, I've dropped some games into the fceultra folder, I created a roms folder in the fceultra folder but they don't show up when you goto load rom. Do they have to be zipped aswell because I've just got them in .nes format.

The only thing wrote in the readme is "1 and 2 are mapped to the volume keys which when both are pressed bring up the game menu"

Thanks in advance :)

oh I also tried a roms folder in gpfce.pickle and also tried just a single game in it but nothing shows :(

Are you finding your SD card? it doesn't just show up automatically. I have to navigate to the sd card every time.

No I can't find the sd card otherwise I'd be fine.

Edit: It's ok I've found how to get to the sd card now so I'm ok. Thanks for the help hackmodford

Thanks firewolf, I was just gonna write how it was done but you saved me that task, thanks :)

puppydee said:
No I can't find the sd card otherwise I'd be fine.

Edit: It's ok I've found how to get to the sd card now so I'm ok. Thanks for the help hackmodford

when you hit the option to load a rom and it shows something that looks like two periods close together, hit it a couple times (it means go up one directory) until you reach root where you should see a folder labeled "media" scroll down and click "media". The SD card will have the same name that you see when you open it up in the regular file manager. Scroll down and click it and then go to whatever subfolder your roms are in. It takes me a good 8 or so clicks to get to mine simply because I'm a fan of subfolders for organizing.

Edit: your edit wasn't up when I replied, glad you found it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back