GP32 Where i can find GCC 3.4 ?

MaXXik

Still Fresh
Where i can download precompiled binares for arm crossdevelopment ? :huh:

gcc 3.4 is not official released yet, you can download a weekly snapshot of the sourcecode from the gnu web site.

I compiled and used the 26.12.2003 snapshot, and it works very fine. A Huge increase in floating point calcualtions, and the File size, shrinks from 90 to 80k, with the same compile options :) ( my modplayer ... )

greets, Mirko

Where i can download precompiled binares for arm crossdevelopment ? :huh:
As mirko says,

You will have to build your own compiler from source code.

Grab a copy of binutils, newlib and the GCC 3.4 snapshot Tarball.

Follow the guide on Rob Brown's site,Cobbleware, but just adapt it for 3.4 and your environment (CygWin under Windows, Linux, Solaris etc.).

It is not hard to do if your happy poking about in BASH and willing to tailor Rob’s BGCC script. I think people will be happy to answer well thought out questions if you run into problems.

Make sure you build GCC to match the configuration of any existing libs you might wish to use (i.e. Do you need Soft Floating Point support or Thumb Interworking etc.?).

You can check how a lib is built by running OBJDUMP on it like so…

objdump -p libgcc.a

If you have an existing GCC compiler somewhere OBJDUMP will be on your system.

Failing that you could do a lot worse then using Rob's guide as it is for just building a 3.3.2 GCC compiler and using the libs from his site. That is still vastly better then the existing compilers in any of the current Dev Kit packs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Size of the binares smaller then the size of source code. :( With my dial up connection will be difficult to download whole cvs source snapshot.

Of course, I know how to build crosscompiler. I did segamegadrive development kit using gcc source. But it is not easy.

Of course, I know how to build crosscompiler. I did segamegadrive development kit using gcc source. But it is not easy.
Sorry :unsure:.

I only pointed out that there are no premade binaries for 3.4 (as one would expect, it’s still under testing) and that if you wanted to make you own tool chain here are some tips. Not unreasonable I thought.

You could try using gnude as that is based on GCC 3.3.1 for ARM targets if you don't want to make your own. That is about the most recent package I know of. It comes in at about 75MB zipped for the works.

Last edited by a moderator:
jlebrech,

Are you offering to port MONO to the GP32 :D.
MONO is already mature enough to run C# code on Linux.

I have to say C# is IMHO a nice language. If you have to code quickly on MS platforms it kicks 10 bails of crap out of VB ;)

Hi I just installed the latest GCC 3.4 snapshot on my computer (I used the Cobblware tutorial) and want to inform you that the precompiled binaries are working with 3.4 as well.
Maybe that's usefull for those people who are not sure if they should try the newer GCC with the ARM floating point optimization...

Back