Where To Buy A Neo Geo From?

gary.mckeown

Website
Visit site
I'm in the u.k and have wanted a neo geo since playing superside kicks years and years ago, where can i get one from? i dont really want to get one off ebay i'd rather get it from somewhere that has a set price and not an auction that could dissapoint me with some sneaky bugger gettin a bid in at the last second lol (we've all done it)

Cheers in advance

Gaz.

p.s its the console i want not a neo-geo pocket.

ta

well, you might be able to get a neogeo for 50$, but dont expect to get metalslug for under 400$ :)
i sugest you to look for a neogeo cd.

the neo geo store (google it) is probably the safest bet, but theyre prices are excruciating

as a guid I got mine for 160 quid with Riding Heroes and Samurai Spirits 2, and that was a good price

make sure you buy the US version by the way

the games come with both english and japanese on them and the language is determined by the console region

eg. if I put a japanese game into my US AES then it would be in english

also, have you thoght about an MVS conversion or supergun

most MVS games go for about 30 quid (incl. metal slug) and its usually about 100 pound extra to set up, but with a supergun you get the freedom of being able to play any JAMMA board

Dont get a US console US = censored games get a jap unit and put a uni bios in it then you can choose what language you want it in get your unibios from http://unibios.free.fr/

Also go over to www.neo-geo.com/forums you will get a good deal in the marketplace and they have feedback scores like ebay so you can tell if someone is trustworthy or not

mattmagoo posted on Sep 24 2005 at 11:23 AM said:
oooo, i thought you could only upgrade bios on MVS, might look into that

To be fair it doesnt really matter what console you get if you add unibios but IMHO its best to get a jap unit

And you should deffo look into it its cheap as chips and easy as 1 2 3 to do no soldering or any of that shite

Last edited by a moderator:
if anyone wants a unibios burning, pm me, all i need is an erased eeprom and i'll do it for nothing, don't pay to get it done ;)

also, are you after a cab? if you are i could prolly get you one pretty cheap, but it would be a 1 slot motherboard.

Back