Where To Get The Retail Games?

bast525

Okay I've read reference that you can download all of the available retail/commercial gp32 games for a minimal cost, I've been thru the links here and thru game parks and lik sangs website, but dont see anything like this.

Where do I go to download the games and on average how much does it cost in USD?

Any other places that have the retail games for download for cheap?

JoyGP has a pretty limited selection and is missing a few of the games I'm most interested in.

bast525 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 06:28 PM said:

JoyGP has a pretty limited selection and is missing a few of the games I'm most interested in.

JoyGP has all the commercial games downloadable that ARE available as download version.
Some retail games are only available on SMC.

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on Dec 7 2004 at 07:00 PM said:
bast525 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 06:28 PM said:

JoyGP has all the commercial games downloadable that ARE available as download version.
Some retail games are only available on SMC.

ugh... okay thanks for that clarification then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember, Downloaded games are locked to your specific unit. If yours breaks and you need to exchange, you can't run them on the next unit, they are encrypted. It is better to get them on a card if you can, as then you have them forever and run on ANY unit.

Yes, it does suck. I have several games on my HD that I bought from JoyGP a year+ ago when I had a FLU. But I sold my FLU, and now bought a BLU. Those games I bought will only work on my old FLU, so I can no longer play them. Even tho I still have them here, and even tho I paid for them. And if a new GP32 model ever came out, you'd have to re-buy the games all over again.

So if you can get a game on retail SMC, it's worth it IMO.

I suppose JoyGP wouldn't do anything for you if you asked them to recode the game to your new GP somehow?

I remember, one of the few emulators I've actually 'bought', MagicEngine for Windows, I payed for that. And then when I got a new computer I had to contact them and get a new key to get M.E. working on my new PC. They simply looked up my records, saw I had indeed paid for it, and gladly sent me a new key.

Obviously I could have misused that to go and pass M.E. around, but then of course they would catch on when I'm asking for like my 100th key :)

Surely JoyGP could do something similiar? And anyways, how do you download something onto your PC and it's already encrypted to your GP? It goes onto your PC first, and then onto your GP, correct? How would the copy on your PC become encrypted and keep you from putting it on other SMC's and playing in other GP's?

bast525 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:49 PM said:
I suppose JoyGP wouldn't do anything for you if you asked them to recode the game to your new GP somehow?

I remember, one of the few emulators I've actually 'bought', MagicEngine for Windows, I payed for that. And then when I got a new computer I had to contact them and get a new key to get M.E. working on my new PC. They simply looked up my records, saw I had indeed paid for it, and gladly sent me a new key.

Obviously I could have misused that to go and pass M.E. around, but then of course they would catch on when I'm asking for like my 100th key :)

Surely JoyGP could do something similiar? And anyways, how do you download something onto your PC and it's already encrypted to your GP? It goes onto your PC first, and then onto your GP, correct? How would the copy on your PC become encrypted and keep you from putting it on other SMC's and playing in other GP's?

You don't know how JoyGP works do you.

Blah posted on Dec 8 2004 at 06:20 AM said:
bast525 posted on Dec 7 2004 at 08:49 PM said:

You don't know how JoyGP works do you.

You're a dildo, arent you?

bast525 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 06:49 AM said:

No, they don't. I had the same problems: I had a non-lit and upgraded to a BLU and asked them.
I would have to buy the stuff again - which annoyed me a bit, since I never played on my old non-lit again...

It IS possible to remove protection of the games (I did this with my own games), but DON'T ASK ME HOW OR ASK FOR MY GAMES! I won't tell you how to crack games or where to get - I'm just telling you it IS possible doing this by yourself.

Last edited:
No, I have no idea how JoyGP works. Hello... dont even have a GP32 yet.

Well EvilDragon :p to you for that tidbit of info but I understand the reasons why you have to leave me hanging like that.

Well I'm sure there'll be plenty enough time on my own to figure out little tricks like this. Then again, I HOPE I wont ever end up getting another GP... I ordered a BLU and I dont think they're going to improve the regular GP design any better than that... so if I download some games from them it shouldn't be a problem.

Gonna be pissed if my GP ever breaks though <_<

Back