Which Email Client?

ignatz

Still Fresh
Could anyone recommend a good, lightweight email client for xp? There seem to be a lot of them about so any good or bad experiences would be helpful.
Ta!

Pegasus Mail (www.pmail.com)
Opera (it's a browser too but it integrates lovely and mail-search across multiple accounts is instantanteous)

Gmail. Seriously.

You can configure it for up to 5 POP accounts in addition to the regular Gmail account, and mail from different accounts can be auto-labeled for easy organization. It also has the benefit of over 7GB of free online storage and you can access it from any computer anywhere.

Chip said:
Gmail. Seriously.

I agree to some extent. You can use a free gmail account for an email address, but I wouldn't store anything private or confidential in there, so don't use it as your only account (same with Hotmail, Yahoo and the others, I'm not an online mailist)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers for the replies. I'm giving thunderbird a go for a week or two but might shop around at some of the other suggestions here after that if i'm not happy with it.

I happily used Eudora for many years, but recently switched over to Thunderbird. I still prefer Eudora overall, but Tbird is very good.

Squidge said:
Chip said:
Gmail. Seriously.

I agree to some extent. You can use a free gmail account for an email address, but I wouldn't store anything private or confidential in there, so don't use it as your only account (same with Hotmail, Yahoo and the others, I'm not an online mailist)

Why? Gmail are going to sell your secrets!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back