Which Emulator Is Best For Donkey Kong Country?

christo930

I was playing Donkey Kong Country 1 for snes yesterday with squidesnes and I had a hard time on one of the underground levels that have spot lights. The area that was supposed to be lit was black, but I got though it. Then 2 levels after the mining cart level there is a level with stop lights and everything is black where there are things trying to kill me and since I can't see them, I can't get past them. Is there an emulator for the GP2X that doesn't have such major graphics glitches in DKC? Are these glitches unique to DKC? I know RARE really pushed the snes with this game and it's frustrating to get 10 levels into a game and then run into a glitch.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you enabled transparency?

If so, try PocketSNES, its roughly the same as SSNES, but with a different graphics engine (the one from the pocket version I believe, hence the name)

'Squidge' said:
Have you enabled transparency?

If so, try PocketSNES, its roughly the same as SSNES, but with a different graphics engine (the one from the pocket version I believe, hence the name)
I enabled transparency and the transhack or something. I put all the settings on their highest or slowest settings but none of it made a difference. It does seem to work in pocketsnes, which meant I had to play from the beginning again tonight and I made it a few levels past that, but I am afraid I'll get further into the game and something like that will happen (like 20 or 25 levels into it). On a different note, I don't know how anyone can play this game without the ability to do savestates. Even with the savestates, this game is hard. I couldn't imagine getting as far as I have into the game without it. The game is just frustrating without the savestates, but enjoyable with them. Thank goodness for emulators:)

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
Back